Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-20-2019, 07:18 AM   #171
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser Mentality View Post
I disagree. Keith has an NBA body, and instincts. Ball handling needs some work, at this point Keith has more of an up side than Jacob Evans did his Jr year. If he continues to avg. 13+ points a game, and continues to play defense the way he does, he will easily be a 2nd Rd draft pick in the upcoming draft. He has all the NBA intangibles, and he's shown he can adapt to 2 offensive systems. In my book he's slightly ahead of Jarron in terms of making it to the NBA.
Jacob was better in my opinion. By far. Jacob was a better ball handling, way better shooter, better defender, and both are great athletes. Jacobs only problem was he would disappear at times. I hope Keith is good enough where he can go. Just think he has a lot of work to do. Jacob was also bigger.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 12-20-2019 at 07:20 AM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 07:29 AM   #172
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I like the way he is playing but I don’t think he is ready for the nba. That’s a different animal. He needs to work on his ball handling and shooting. In my opinion.
I don't think the odds are that great but I was just pointing this out in the original context of how the roster could be completely turned over after one full season. Might be a long shot. This was not a discussion on Keith's NBA chances it was just about roster turnover from Cronin to Brannen
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 07:35 AM   #173
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I don't think the odds are that great but I was just pointing this out in the original context of how the roster could be completely turned over after one full season. Might be a long shot. This was not a discussion on Keith's NBA chances it was just about roster turnover from Cronin to Brannen
He's been averaging over the last 5 games like 17pts, 7 rebounds, 2.5 assists. Someone mentioned if he keeps up that type of season he could be looking at getting drafted.

Diara leaving was also speculation so I was speculating a little bit further since Keith and Diara would be the holdovers (assuming Gillam isn't able to come back).
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 07:36 AM   #174
Loser Mentality

Loser Mentality is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Jacob was better in my opinion. By far. Jacob was a better ball handling, way better shooter, better defender, and both are great athletes. Jacobs only problem was he would disappear at times. I hope Keith is good enough where he can go. Just think he has a lot of work to do. Jacob was also bigger.
Jacob was 6'6 210LB< Keith 6'5 215LB. Jacob had better players around him which created space, Keith has less talent around him and has to make and take his space, and there stats mirror each other at this point comparing JR years, and Keith's doing it with less 3pt shots. I hope too, but with that being said we may need to fill Keith's and of course Jarron's shoes after this season.
Loser Mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 07:49 AM   #175
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser Mentality View Post
Jacob was 6'6 210LB< Keith 6'5 215LB. Jacob had better players around him which created space, Keith has less talent around him and has to make and take his space, and there stats mirror each other at this point comparing JR years, and Keith's doing it with less 3pt shots. I hope too, but with that being said we may need to fill Keith's and of course Jarron's shoes after this season.
Next year is looking a lot like a rebuilding year, whether we have Keith or not. So if he gets the chance, hope he goes.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:58 AM   #176
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Next year is looking a lot like a rebuilding year, whether we have Keith or not. So if he gets the chance, hope he goes.
I do think another year could help him. Work on things, get some preseason league “buzz”, be the go to guy next year. That stuff helps. I fully expect him to at least test the waters and see where he stands.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:36 AM   #177
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Keith is no where near an NBA level. You guys can't be serious
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:43 AM   #178
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Keith is no where near an NBA level. You guys can't be serious
True but does he know that
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:03 PM   #179
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Keith needs work on his ball handling and he a be good for NBA.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 08:08 AM   #180
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
I've been saying for a while now that Keith could go pro if he continues to play like he has been playing over the last (not quite) month. The NBA loves athletic 3-and-D type guys who can guard multiple positions. Just look at Jacob Evans.

Keith is a better athlete than Evans and can be a better defender. Evans gets the edge in ball handling, but Keith's game is more about slashing and attacking the basket, whereas Evans relied a lot more on jumpers. The NBA prefers guys who score at the rim (or from 3).

Keith does need to work on his 3-point shooting (or at least shoot more and show he can make them). But let's not forget that Evan's shot poorly his last few months and needed to change his shot when he went to the NBA. Despite that, he was a 1st round draft pick.

If Keith plays like he has over the last 5 games and shows he can hit from three, he will be a first round NBA draft pick as a Junior.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote