Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 04-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #21
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
After giving him a hard time on the 6'1" claim, he told me he was 5'10"...
Cool. Thanks for the info.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #22
Tower

Tower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
Mick is really surveying his options... it's looking more and more like there is going to be an overhaul of the roster to some extent...
I hope you're right. Our team has some growing to do and I think MC has some growing to do to be able to be a top 25 coach. I'm ok with learning as you go... as long as you learn as you go. Thank you, Yogi.
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #23
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Josh will be visiting Cincinnati next weekend. Here is what HoopMasters had to say about him:

Quote:
Josh Watkins 6-1 S/PG Tournament MVP Howard CC, TX - He was stellar in the semis & the final where he had 26 points and 7 assists to lead Howard back in the second half to win title. He has solid jumper from three, can pull-up and drill mid-range shot or hit open man on block or wing. One of best lead guards available is hearing from Oklahoma, Wichita State, and Oklahoma State, but look for that list to grow.

Also from Deseret News in Utah:

Boylen can't comment on any recruits, but he says he's looking for a point guard and a shooter. I know the Utes are going hard after Josh Watkins, a point guard from Howard College in Texas, who was the MVP of the recent NJCAA Tournament, which Howard won. U. assistant coach Barret Peery spent last week at the NJCAA Tournament in Kansas and is in Texas now trying to get Watkins, a 6-footer originally from New York. It won't be easy, as Watkins is reportedly being pursued by Oklahoma, Cincinnati, West Virginia and Florida State, among others.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:09 PM   #24
cincinnati insanity

cincinnati insanity is on a distinguished road
Josh Watkins

Hello all im posting like a mad man today i read so much everyday about what you guys are talking about i almost already feel like part of the family. I have a question is josh watkins our 2nd choice behind DB or are we willing to take a verbal from him first he seems like a solid player but this team is lacking a shooter and he doesnt seem to be the dead eye guy we are targeting??? i also keep hearing about a 6'5" guard from junior college named jonathan simmons who has high interest in UC. Thanks alot for welcoming into the bearcat family GO UC!!!!!!
cincinnati insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #25
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
We are glad you are here buddy.

I find it hard to believe Watkins has a spot here. He will more than likely land in the Big East but I doubt it is here.

So to answer your question.... yes I believe Watkins is a back up.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #26
yanks26ngoin

yanks26ngoin is on a distinguished road
Well, IMO, if the Burton to Nevada thing is true, then Watkins is our guy. I thought that Burton would go to Nevada anyway, so I was already braced for this.

But Watkins is a good player, and I would love to have him as Bearcat.
yanks26ngoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #27
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Watkins is a good, solid player. However he is not what Cincinnati needs. Watkins is a good ball handler, decent shooter and is a tough guy who will lead a team with his attitude. Not a great offensive player from what I've seen (which is different from what the article above states) he would be a great fit for a team like WVU that needs another good, solid ball handler and defender to allow them to be successful.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #28
cincinnati insanity

cincinnati insanity is on a distinguished road
josh watkins

Watkins reminds me of Truck bryant from West Virginia in hes just a tough kid that wills himself into being a good ball player. has anyone heard about the Simmons kid and if he is still an option or if he ever was i read that he is a really good outside shooter!!!!
cincinnati insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #29
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin View Post
Well, IMO, if the Burton to Nevada thing is true, then Watkins is our guy. I thought that Burton would go to Nevada anyway, so I was already braced for this.

But Watkins is a good player, and I would love to have him as Bearcat.
I have a feeling he's our guy as well.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:56 PM   #30
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I think that Josh will be a soid player. He shoots the ball well and doesn't turn the ball over. I would have no probem signing him. MVP of the National JUCO tournament. Set a record for least turnovers during it as well. He's a good player. Not as dynamic as Burton but very solid and steady. We still have Sean, Parker and Cash guys. The sky isn't falling.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote