Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 04-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
'10 KS SG Jawanza Poland (USF Verbal)

Shooting Guard
Hutchison (KS) Hutchison CC

Ht: 6'4"
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/04/po...ck-up.html\

to visit to Cincinnati, One of the Top Rated Juco wingmen. Shoots 38% from 3 and will have 3 years of eligibility.
Jawanza Poland committed to USF on the 12th according one source. Are you sure this info is valid? he is listed as one of their 2010 commits by USF Sports Bulletin.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 04-15-2010 at 05:50 PM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Jawanza Poland committed to USF on the 12th according one source. Are you sure this info is valid? he is listed as one of their 2010 commits by USF Sports Bulletin.
I tend to think you are correct since the link posted doesn't work.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
C I N C Y

C I N C Y is on a distinguished road
He decommitted from USF and opened it up.
C I N C Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by C I N C Y View Post
He decommitted from USF and opened it up.
Need to see the date of the article. As of 4/12 he chose S. Florida over several schools including Cincinnati. To commit on the 12th and reopen in 2-3 days wouldn't set a precedent but certainly is a tad unusual. Just want to make sure we post accurate info. I have a request out to validate this but as of yet have heard nothing back.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 04-15-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #6
C I N C Y

C I N C Y is on a distinguished road
http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/0...t-back-up.html

Link dated April 14th.
C I N C Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:11 PM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C I N C Y View Post
Just confirmed the info with Mr. Auman himself. Thanks!!! For some reason I couldn't open the link you posted.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 04-15-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #8
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
sorry about the problem with the link.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #9
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
sorry about the problem with the link.
No worries. Just thought maybe the paper pulled it when they learned it was incorrect. Of course, you were correct that he did decommit and after reading why, I am not surprised. Did anyone else read the comments where USF fans were ripping the kid, his mom, and any other school recruiting him (namely UC and Mick Cronin)? It kind of reminded me of reading comments on the enquirer website. Old and obnoxious. They hinted at saying Mick is a terrible human being and no other coaching staff could possibly care about the kid except USF. They also hinted at other schools offering him money (like UC). Sorry but if UC was offering recruits money, we would have the number 1 prospect from this year and next year already locked up.

As far as the recruit goes, he seems like a decent player though I don't know much about him. I like the fact we could have him for 3 years and that he already shoots close to 40% from 3. We still would need a sharpshooter in this class but if this kid is athletic (which he seems to be) I will take him in a heartbeat.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #10
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Poland would be a really good get. He has 3 years of elgibility left because he redshirted last year.

As mentioned he shot 38 % for beyond the arc.

He was Freshman of the year in his conference. He is 6'4 which makes him more appealing because he will be able to get his shots off.

An underrated part of his game is his ability to drive to the hoop. He can get to the goal easily.

Big East and Big XII schools were recruiting him the hardest.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote