Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-17-2019, 05:50 PM   #11
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Feels like 2005 all over again. 7 seed playing Iowa in the first round with an SEC 2 seed waiting.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:53 PM   #12
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftonballer View Post
The 7 seed is absolute crap but actually a very favorable draw especially since we're playing in C-Bus. That's huge! A good draw for us too. Iowa has limped to the finishing line their game fell off the last 8-10 games of season. They don't play any D so Jarron should carve them up. Tennessee is overrated a bit IMO as evidenced today and we match up very well with them. Should be interesting!
Tennessee is the real deal
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:00 PM   #13
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Wouldn't be a tournament without a UC under seeding. **** it, let's see what happens. Tennessee possibly in the second round really sucks to swallow though. Hope you Ohioans get your asses out there!
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:08 PM   #14
cliftonballer

cliftonballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
I think SEC is overrated. They're a very good team but about as good as Houston probably a little better. Very similar to Houston actually. They got absolutley ran off the court by Auburn today in basically a home court game for them. They lost to probably the worst Kansas team in a while. They let Memphis score at will on them, although they just scored more than Memphis lol. A beatable #2 IMO for our style pf play. Plus Mick's 2-0 vs Rick Barnes teams. Interesting we'll be playing a home and home series with the Vols in '19 and '20.
cliftonballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:10 PM   #15
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
As long as we are stuck with a 7 seed (and it is unfortunate the AAC tourney doesn't finish on Saturday), this is the best 7 seed to get. MSU, UM, and UK would all worry me more as a 2 seed, and Iowa has been a hot mess of late. As things go, it could be worse.

Michigan State has the most room to complain. Deserved a 1 seed, got a 2 in Duke's region. Meanwhile a team they beat 3 times got a 2 in Gonzaga's region. That is some horseshit, and I despise MSU.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:14 PM   #16
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

I don't think we're underseeded. Our resume plus metrics fit right in with the other 7 seeds. We have by far the lowest Kenpom ranking of any 7 or better seed. That cancels out our slightly better quadrant records.

I would much rather play Iowa in Columbus than St Mary's in Hartford. Kansas St has to play UC Irvine in California. Wisconsin has to play Oregon in California. Auburn has to play New Mexico St in Utah. Florida St has to play Vermont in Connecticut. All of those teams have bigger gripes than us.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:18 PM   #17
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
I don't think we're underseeded. Our resume plus metrics fit right in with the other 7 seeds. We have by far the lowest Kenpom ranking of any 7 or better seed. That cancels out our slightly better quadrant records.

I would much rather play Iowa in Columbus than St Mary's in Hartford. Kansas St has to play UC Irvine in California. Wisconsin has to play Oregon in California. Auburn has to play New Mexico St in Utah. Florida St has to play Vermont in Connecticut. All of those teams have bigger gripes than us.
I agree. I think we got the best possible 7 seed. A 6 would have been nice, but that ship kind of sailed when they dropped the last two regular season games.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:34 PM   #18
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

If we happen to make the sweet sixteen, we'll be playing in Louisville.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:47 PM   #19
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Tennessee looked VERY BAD today, proved what a tight defense can do to them. They were making unforced errors all over the place after they were rattled. Not happy with the seeding, but I’ll take the shot. Gotta get by Iowa first
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:48 PM   #20
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post

Maybe on location, but I wouldn’t say they have bigger gripes on seeding at all
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote