Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Wow....huge catch by Jackson!
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:19 PM   #12
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Super frustrating the keep giving up these 3rd n Longs.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:24 PM   #13
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Super frustrating the keep giving up these 3rd n Longs.
We got the stop!
Old 09-22-2018, 03:12 PM   #14
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
We got the stop!
Thank god.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #15
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Yeah this was kind of a rough game, we missed some big tackles, we gave up some long plays on late downs. But we showed determination today, didn’t take the lead until 3 min left, played from behind all game but never gave up. And then a huge goal line stand to finish em off. Still undefeated.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:23 PM   #16
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Great comeback win...I didn’t think we had a chance when we were down by 21.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:55 PM   #17
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Yeah this was kind of a rough game, we missed some big tackles, we gave up some long plays on late downs. But we showed determination today, didn’t take the lead until 3 min left, played from behind all game but never gave up. And then a huge goal line stand to finish em off. Still undefeated.
It was made difficult by some ridiculous penalties. Some were legit and some were bogus but it helped ou tremendously.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:30 AM   #18
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Tackling was awful. And the refs did help put us at a disadvantage.

I love the no quit attitude. Both defense and offense stepped up when they had to. I hope they got rid of the bad habits learned in the blow out victory. And I hope they realize the importance of better starts.

But overall, a gutty performance and just enough plays to counteract awful tacking and 150 penalty yards (95 in the first half)
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:04 PM   #19
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Tackling was awful. And the refs did help put us at a disadvantage.

I love the no quit attitude. Both defense and offense stepped up when they had to. I hope they got rid of the bad habits learned in the blow out victory. And I hope they realize the importance of better starts.

But overall, a gutty performance and just enough plays to counteract awful tacking and 150 penalty yards (95 in the first half)
Agree with both what you and Jon said. Refs were terrible, we were terrible (at least for the first half) but Ridder looked good in the second half and was throwing some good balls. Good resilience from the team but unless things change alot and we start looking more athletic I think we're still a couple years away from doing anything.

Watching some of these other teams and remembering the BK years, we are really slow and have no difference makers.

That said, Fickell seems loads better then Tuberville and under him this is a game we lose by 20+. That guy set the program back so far.

Last edited by Alum2013; 09-24-2018 at 12:07 PM.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:10 AM   #20
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Gotta keep in mind that we are a very young team. Can't help but think that maybe we were "feeling ourselves" after a win @UCLA (regardless of how shitty they are) and shutout rivalry win, and a blowout. Sometimes young guys need a reality gut check. I hope they got it saturday. Really like watching these guys! Hell, it's been 4-5 years since I've been excited about watching a football game. Credit to the players and coaches for instilling some juice back into the program.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote