Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'13 NJ SG Davon Reed (Verbal Miami)

Shooting Guard
Princeton, NJ (Princeton Day)

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 175
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Strengths:
Davon is another skilled perimeter player. He is a shooting guard that can also move over and play some point guard. He is long and athletic and loaded with skills. Reed is a good passer with excellent vision and creativity.

Weaknesses:
He is a streaky shooter with decent mechanics on his jumper. He should be able to improve his consistency with continued repetitions. He is a decent defender now but has the physical tools to be a lock down defender in the future.

Bottom Line:
Davon is great in transition where he is able to use his athletic ability to score above the rim. He is greatly improved in the last year and still has a tremendous upside.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...785/davon-reed
Old 02-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Davon Reed, a 6-4 2013 guard from Princeton (N.J.) Day School, attended the game between the teams at the Prudential Center on Jan. 22nd when the Scarlet Knights won, 66-60.

On Friday night, Rutgers coach Mike Rice and assistant Jimmy Martelli watched Reed drop 33 points in a loss to Rutgers Prep. Reed has offers from the Scarlet Knights, along with West Virginia, Seton Hall, VCU, Temple, St. Joseph’s and La Salle.

Reed picked up the offer from West Virginia after assistant Billy Hahn attended Princeton Day’s practice Saturday.

“Rutgers is really keeping in touch, as well as La Salle and St. Joe’s,” Reed said. “It feels really good to be wanted and I’m looking forward to working harder and getting better.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/02/05/d...iting-roundup/
Old 02-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
by AdamZagoria
Stanford, Cincinnati & Villanova are the latest schools involved in the recruitment of 2013 Princeton Day (NJ) guard Davon Reed.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:10 AM   #5
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
”It’s a joy to coach him,” Princeton Day coach Paris McLean said. “I tell all the coaches from the different universities that have come to see him that he is a better person than he is a basketball player. And as good a basketball player as he is, that tells you what kind of person he is.

”He is a real grounded kid. There has been a lot of hype around him locally, statewide and nationally. But you would never be able to tell that when you talk to him. He is very humble about the whole process.”

http://www.centraljersey.com/article...a938586413.txt
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
2013 guard Davon Reed of PDS (NJ) is in attendance for the Rutgers game tonight against Villanova.

http://twitter.com/therecruitscoop
Old 02-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Temple Head Coach Fran Dunphy is watching 2013 guard Davon Reed of PDS (NJ) play right now, per a source.

per recruitscoop
Old 02-11-2011, 07:11 AM   #8
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Rutgers, Temple & St. Joe's all watched 2013 PDS (NJ) guard Davon Reed in action tonight, per his coach.

http://twitter.com/therecruitscoop
Old 04-06-2011, 07:51 AM   #9
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Virginia Tech, Cincinnati & Providence are the latest schools to express interest in 2013 Princeton Day (NJ) guard Davon Reed @ClutchREED.

http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop
Old 04-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #10
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

There has been quite a turnover of talent on the Team Final AAU roster and some new talent is taking their turn to shine on the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League circuit this spring and summer. A younger line-up features several Class of 2013 prospects and one such player that started off the circuit impressively leaving NBE wanting to follow him throughout the coming months is shooting guard Davon Reed, who is honored to carry on the Team Final tradition as a top program on the scene.

“This program was founded around great players,” said Reed. “With that I have the honor to put the Team Final jersey on like those before myself. Also getting a chance to play on the Nike circuit is a great experience.”

Reed, a 6-foot-3, 175-pounder from Princeton Day Academy, started play off this weekend with a bang in Team Final’s opening game Saturday morning scoring 22 points. According to Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports, Reed is a long and athletic scorer who can really light it up from the perimeter and has a very good stroke from beyond the arc. Reed showed the ability to get his shot off under duress and got to the rim to score as well.

Colleges are already taking notice of Reed on the East Coast and he hopes a summer on the EYBL tour brings more exposure for more offers.

“I have seven offers from the following schools; VCU, St. Joe’s, La Salle, Temple, Rutgers, Seton Hall and West Virginia,” said Reed. “I am [also] hearing from Cincinnati, Florida, Villanova, Stanford, Providence, and many more.”

Reed has a few schools he really likes, a couple on his current list and a couple he will be hoping to hear from over the next two years as he tries to capitalize on the exposure playing with Team Final will bring.

“I really like Ohio State, UNC, Florida, VCU and Syracuse,” he said.

Reed is not thinking about a commitment any time soon, only really mentioning he would like to stay on the East Coast, but he does have an idea of what an ideal school might have to offer.

“Well, I want to major in sports medicine or marketing so I need a school that has a good department for either of those majors because education is most important,” said Reed when asked what factors would play the biggest role in his college decision. “I would definitely like to stay on the East Coast. I also need a team that fits my style of play with a good coach!”

Team Final is certainly a program to keep an eye on this year and in the coming year or two as several players in the Class of 2013 look to develop into a force on the AAU circuit together. One of those players who will play a large role in their success will be Davon Reed and NBE will certainly continue to follow his progress in the future.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011...ro-davon-reed/