Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 02-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'12 OH OL Caleb Stacey (UC Verbal 1/21/12)

Offensive Line
Cincinnati, OH (Oak Hills)

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 280
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
It's certainly time to start looking at the top prospects for 2012 in Ohio, and one who sticks out on film is Cincinnati Oak Hills offensive lineman Caleb Stacey. Stacey, 6-foot-4, 280-pounds, impressed as a left tackle in 2010.
"I think I did really well this year, and I had a good season," Stacey stated. "I think next year I will be even better, because I will be a lot stronger. My strength is one of my greatest assets, and I'm working on being able to get up on linebackers better."

"I play left tackle in our system, but I will probably be a guard at the next level," he continued. "Most of the colleges that have come out to the school tell me I will probably be an inside player in college, and that's fine with me."

Speaking of college recruiters, they have been coming to Oak Hills in person to watch film and speak to the coaching staff about Stacey.

"I've heard from Arizona and I spoke to them on Saturday," he stated. "I like Arizona a lot too. I also spoke to Illinois head coach Ron Zook on the phone last week, and I liked him a lot. I've also heard from Iowa, Boston College, Virginia, Missouri, North Carolina State and Cincinnati."

"I took one unofficial visit this year, to Northwestern," he continued. "That was great and it was the first big-time game I've ever been to before. I've had a few other invitations, but I couldn't make it, because of my father's work schedule."

Stacey is drawing interest from schools from all across the United States, so the distance factor is an issue that has to be addressed, and he gave his thoughts on going far from home.

"I actually sat down with parents and talked about this not too long ago," he admitted. "I think I'm ready to get away from home, and I'd like to play out West, or even down South, so distance from home won't bother me at all."

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1032827.html
Old 02-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

MikeDyer Mike Dyer
Boston College has offered Oak Hills junior OL Caleb Stacey, says Oak Hills coach Kurry Commins
Old 02-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

FBS Division 1 Offers: Ohio, Toledo, Bowling Green, Illinois, Wake Forest, Boston College

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.ph...name=Cstacey71
Old 02-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

MikeDyer Mike Dyer
North Carolina State just offered Oak Hills junior OL Caleb Stacey, says Oak Hills coach Kurry Commins
Old 02-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

West Virginia offers.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

Miami (OH) offered.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:56 PM   #8
swg
Epic Member

MikeDyer: Oak Hills junior OL Caleb Stacey will take unofficial visits to Illinois Saturday and Kentucky on Sunday, says Oak Hills coach Kurry Commins

Oak Hills football coach Kurry Commins just sent film of OL Caleb Stacey to Georgia Tech, Texas Tech and BYU

Commins said there's a chance 2 of those schools will offer Stacey next week
Old 03-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #9
swg
Epic Member

Oak Hills junior OL Caleb Stacey has added an offer from Indiana, according to Oak Hills coach Kurry...
• Mike Dyer, 3/1/2011 11:25:54 AM
Old 01-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #10
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Before it gets out from anyone but me I have decided to decommitt from Michigan to stay home and play ball at the University of Cincinnati

Caleb Stacey. @Caleb_Stacey
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote