Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'12 OH DL Adolphius Washington (Offer)

Defensive Lineman
Cincinnati, OH (Taft)

HT: 6'6"
WT: 240lbs
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
UC is high on this kid's radar, and might have had a verbal offer from BK. Could commit early on as a junior (or not).
Old 01-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Miami and Xavier are showing interest for his hoops prowess. His team won the AAU national championship for the Under-15 division. Played as a PF for Roger Bacon, then transferred to Taft.

Scout is predicting that he could well become one of the top players in Ohio as a senior.
Here is a link to that article if someone cares to retrieve it. I tried to do some research on this guy. I hope BK gives him some attention real soon.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...%2f910311.html

(Check out his profile in the hoops section for more)
Old 05-02-2010, 07:06 AM   #4
swg
Epic Member

At camp at OSU this weekend, Washington looked good. He also wore Michigan shorts while in Columbus....
Old 05-02-2010, 11:46 PM   #5
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Nike Combine Overview from Columbus, OH

Adolphus Washington of Cincinnati (Ohio) Taft High School has all the makings of a major prospect with a solid frame and athletic ability. Washington is still learning the finer points of playing defensive end but has the perfect frame and quickness to come off the edge.

http://cincinnati.scout.com/2/967260.html
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

Just watched highlight film of Taft sophomore DE Adolphus Washington. Very impressive
MikeDyer, Monday, May 03, 2010
Old 05-13-2010, 02:18 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

Offered by UC.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #8
swg
Epic Member

Called OSU his dream school. Wonderful.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #9
swg
Epic Member

Mike Dyer MikeDyer

Taft junior-to-be DE Adolphus Washington has verbal scholarship offers from UC, Ohio State, Kentucky, Colorado and Illinois
Old 08-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #10
swg
Epic Member

scoutingohio For Taft star Adolphus Washington, future starts on gridiron http://ow.ly/2tqir
about 8 hours ago via HootSuite

"Football is my favorite sport," said Washington, a 6-foot-5, 246 pound junior. "It's more physical and that's how I am. In basketball I get picked on because I'm a lot stronger and more physical than a lot of the guys so I can't really be aggressive as I want to be. But in football I can be as aggressive as I want."

According to Taft coach Mike Martin, Washington will have plenty of options to consider.

"A lot of schools are waiting until Aug. 1 (of his senior year)," Martin said. "That's the day you can make offers to juniors. Everybody is telling me when that day rolls around he'll probably have about 40 offers. I mean 40 legitimate offers on paper."

Earlier this year, the NCAA changed the rule so that football players must wait until Aug. 1 before their senior year to receive a written Division I offer. In previous years, written offers could be extended Sept. 1 of a player's junior year.

On the night of Taft's first team practice, Washington revealed his early college preferences - Ohio State, Notre Dame and Kentucky. He says right now the Buckeyes are his top choice.

"I grew up watching OSU," said Washington, who has a 3.5 grade point average. "I would love to play for them."
(cont...)