Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-14-2020, 07:30 AM   #101
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
i Thought Jarron’s performance was pretty great

He maybe the best passer in the modern era for UC.

His passes in transition are almost perfect every time and he only had 3 TO with 9 assists.

the long bounce pass outlets get me every time.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:30 AM   #102
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Could have been. Considering how many younger players are making key contributions, you can see some development working for them. His choices in when to bring Cumberland and Vogt back into the game worked out for keeping things close at the half. And the switch to zone in the second half was just what we needed to get the Tigers out of rhythm.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:32 AM   #103
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
Considering how many younger players are making key contributions, you can see some development working for them.
36 minutes for Mika, 14 for Harvey, 11 for Davenport out of nowhere.

None of them were scared of the situation. Davenport shot when he was open, got one dunked down his throat and came back and went right at the guy for 2 of his own.

These freshman are tough.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:34 AM   #104
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Amazing comeback. I'm still not sure how it happened. It's not like we played well down the stretch, we made multiple mistakes, but somehow we pulled it out.

Season saving final 11 or so minutes. Have to give credit to the guys for fighting back and not giving in. The game seemed so unwinnable for the first 14 minutes of the 2nd half.

Tre is the only guy that could have an amazing 25 and 19 game and still have a stretch where just forgets how to play basketball. But man were those free throws clutch. Saved our season.

And at the game I had no idea he has anywhere close to 19 rebounds. Early in the game when he went hard for a dunk and got fouled I thought it was huge for his confidence. First game he was passive and kept trying to pump fake them and contort his body and finished 3-9 on shots around the rim and dunks. Tonight he was 5-5.

I had to get home and watch the comeback again because I also wasn’t sure how it unfolded so quickly.

Last two home games we’ve pulled out wins in games that looked like L’s

Jarron’s finish’s with an offensive rating of 114 while only making one bucket.

50 points 32 rebounds for tre the last two games.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:38 AM   #105
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:

50 points 32 rebounds for tre the last two games.

really makes you wonder what he could have been with 4 years in a brannen system. those times tre struggles it just seems like he's overthinking instead of playing. i imagine with 4 years in a brannen system he'd be a monster on a more consistent basis.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:43 AM   #106
cincrulz11
Epic Member

last 10 games tre is averaging 13.8 points and 11.2 boards a game. ORTG over 115 6 straight games and over 130 in 3 of those.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:12 AM   #107
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Looks like we found out where Brannen stands on playing guys with 2 fouls in the first half. I wasn't surprised to see Cumberland, but he played Vogt as well.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:16 AM   #108
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Looks like we found out where Brannen stands on playing guys with 2 fouls in the first half. I wasn't surprised to see Cumberland, but he played Vogt as well.
He’s said it all year that he will play you if he trusts you.

His leash is shorter with Vogt though it seems
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:18 AM   #109
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
He’s said it all year that he will play you if he trusts you.

His leash is shorter with Vogt though it seems

bigs can pick up easier fouls than guards typically. especially with refs like that and they'll call you for boxing out like when Vogt picked up his 4th or w/e it was.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:12 AM   #110
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
last 10 games tre is averaging 13.8 points and 11.2 boards a game. ORTG over 115 6 straight games and over 130 in 3 of those.
Yah...his performance in the first game at Memphis has him on a mission. He is a big reason we are 5-1 over that tough stretch. And he also had a great game in our 1 loss. He's having fun out there. His 3 ball % is back over 30...didn't see that coming. He's playing like a stud right now. His toughness has been off the charts lately. With Vogt coming back down to Earth Tre has been picking up the slack
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote