Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-26-2018, 12:31 PM   #11
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Haven't listened yet but Tom Crean is on the Woj Pod to talk about the relationship between college coaches and the NBA.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #12
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Mick is on Andy Katz podcast March madness 365
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:43 PM   #13
BearcatsNE

BearcatsNE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
This was great. Exactly what I was looking for. Good to check in a little on those guys before things really pick up.

Can't argue with the body blow thing with Jenifer. Good way to look at it.
I don’t argue as well with the body blow, but I would not fix anything as well. I still think Mick picks when to let Cane loose. Tougher opponents he allow Cane to just play and teaches against lesser opponents, IMO. But you can’t say the other guard gets ran down in the first few minutes of a game. Cane normally enters the game around the 15:00 mark. But I would say keep things the same if it’s working. But it’s a good way to put thins Chad.
BearcatsNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:58 PM   #14
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
So cool to see some of the topics our members are asking for are being addressed on the podcast. Also very cool to see our member research on Kenpom D is getting some nice run. Great job to our researchers out there on this site.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 01:12 PM   #15
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsNE View Post
I don’t argue as well with the body blow, but I would not fix anything as well. I still think Mick picks when to let Cane loose. Tougher opponents he allow Cane to just play and teaches against lesser opponents, IMO. But you can’t say the other guard gets ran down in the first few minutes of a game. Cane normally enters the game around the 15:00 mark. But I would say keep things the same if it’s working. But it’s a good way to put thins Chad.

Yea . I think it’s perfect way to put it: Jenifer is our jab and cane is the knockout punch.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:14 PM   #16
justinhub2003
Epic Member

I also still wonder if mick views him as a secret weapon that you don’t want to let your opponents get too much film on.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:08 PM   #17
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
So cool to see some of the topics our members are asking for are being addressed on the podcast. Also very cool to see our member research on Kenpom D is getting some nice run. Great job to our researchers out there on this site.
I'm a man of the people...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:04 PM   #18
BearcatsNE

BearcatsNE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
I'm a man of the people...
You are my friend because we get very little talk around about the Bearcats in this neck of the woods. This was “UCONN” territory until Cane went to UC. Now he have a lot of people here rooking for him. So any time we can get reading material or a podcast to listen too is great. Keep up the great work.
BearcatsNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:52 PM   #19
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
I can already hear rick tomorrow talking about how bad the American is in his condescending tone (on the skinny podcast) and him saying bearcat fans always say the team they were playing against hits every shot and laughing at his own jokes.

But if your ask him how did Xavier lose to Arizona State, he will turn around and be like oh, they hit every shot against us, but it’s justified because it’s xavier.

He’s such a douche, give him crap for almost losing to St. John’s Chad!
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:54 PM   #20
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
I can already hear rick tomorrow talking about how bad the American is in his condescending tone (on the skinny podcast) and him saying bearcat fans always say the team they were playing against hits every shot and laughing at his own jokes.

But if your ask him how did Xavier lose to Arizona State, he will turn around and be like oh, they hit every shot against us, but it’s justified because it’s xavier.

He’s such a douche, give him crap for almost losing to St. John’s Chad!
But don't you know, St John's is just a "bad matchup," for them... He's only said it 50 times... Soooo of course it's gonna be close against a team that's lost like 10 straight games.
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote