Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2018, 03:28 PM   #161
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grgbartell@yahoo.com View Post
And the loss was devastating for the team, coach, and fans. We had a golden opportunity in a wide open bracket to really make it a magical season. Our best team in years will never forget that game and what could have been. I still can’t stop thinking about it and don’t even want to watch another game. I’m going to try to force myself to watch WVU and Huggy Bear’s 3rd sweet sixteen appearance in four years.
Be careful. If they get a lead, Carter will dribble up top for 25 seconds the rest of the game. The hold on for dear life mode is just asking for a disaster.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:28 PM   #162
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Then you have decided that post season is the only thing that matters for you. I understand, I think majority do. I look forward to 31 games every years, the conference tourney and the NCAA tourney.

And idc if X has 3 players out there on the court I will always enjoy the chance to play and hopefully and beat them.
Yes. Only two things matter to me. Beating X and advancing in the NCAA tourney. Don't do that and its a season that has failed to live up to my expectations.

Doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching the bearcats play every game!
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:25 PM   #163
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Postseason isn't all that matters to me. But those aren't conference games either.

I just can't buy back in until I know we won't choke on the big stage. Can't know that until we are on the big stage again.
I’m never bailing on UC. Coach? Sure, never really liked him anyhow. And I do fear we are on the flat part of a plateau
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:01 PM   #164
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Be careful. If they get a lead, Carter will dribble up top for 25 seconds the rest of the game. The hold on for dear life mode is just asking for a disaster.
Just as bad as being up 22 and jacking jumpers with 15 seconds left on the shot clock. Gotta find a middle ground. And I'm sorry, but no D1 player should need a coach to tell them that.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:47 AM   #165
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Still trying to take my mind off the game. The only thing to focus on is next year and I don't care at this point...it's better than thinking about Nevada (I think).

Selfishly I hope Evans comes back and I hope we get a grad transfer big. We need at least one of these two things to happen IMO if we want to be a top 25 team. If we can get both to happen...I would actually have some hope for a really good season yet with a cap of Sweet 16.

Call me optimistic...I don't have much choice...lol! I don't think Cronin will change much...but the players could surprise us. Evans, Cumberland, Broome is a nice backcourt. We can go 4 guards or get a grad transfer big if we want to play with 2 bigs. We can't play with a combo of 2 bigs who can't score (inside or out) so if we do play 2 bigs (with no grad transfer) it's going to have to be Diarra so we can have some hope stretching the D and unclogging the lane for the guards.

Last edited by waterhead; 03-22-2018 at 09:49 AM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #166
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post

Selfishly I hope Evans comes back and I hope we get a grad transfer big. We need at least one of these two things to happen IMO if we want to be a top 25 team. If we can get both to happen...I would actually have some hope for a really good season yet with a cap of Sweet 16.
A grad transfer big would be nice for next season but I don't know how realistic getting a decent one would be.

We had 3 in the AAC this season and they all were just space fillers for the most part.

Akoy Agau - SMU
16 mpg, 5.0 ppg, 3.6 rpg (numbers are skewed because he played a lot towards the end of the season due to injuries)

Nura Zanna - Houston
15 mpg, 2.8 ppg, 3.9 rpg (4th best big man for Houston this season)

David Onuorah - UConn
10 mpg, 1 ppg, 2.1 rpg (UConn had to be desperate for this guy to see the court)
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:07 PM   #167
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think the NBA talk got in his head.
No way. I think we'll later hear about injuries ( fingers, thigh or ankle). Mick keeps these things close to the vest. Just like with Cash. No way he could shoot air balls with his form w/o more of an explanation.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:13 PM   #168
ZCat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I think he was Micks next SK. I think the pressure got to him. For the life of me I still can't understand why he didn't take the ball to the rim in the last 11 minutes of that game but settled for jumpers. He was killing them in the first half. 12 of our last 15 shots were jumpers.
Waite, I'd have to go back and look at at details, but I read Nevada had a big in foul trouble and out of the game in the first half, so he was able to go inside. That doesn't explain it all, but part of it. He should have driven more.

Secondly, i think they made adjustments. We lost the chess match.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:25 PM   #169
ZCat
Elite Member

Quote:
Postseason isn't all that matters to me. But those aren't conference games either.

I just can't buy back in until I know we won't choke on the big stage. Can't know that until we are on the big stage again.
Not that I hate Mick, or demand greatness every year ( like a UK fan), but I think you and others now can relate to some of the posters that you used to think were crazy. We are Older than you, and have been going through this longer lol. More than a half court shot by WVU in tourney at buzzer, loss to underseeded UCLA in tourney, 3/4 court shot by Mike Bibby in 7-up shootout, E-8 loss to NC, so many upsets by eggz...
Old 03-24-2018, 08:13 AM   #170
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Not that I hate Mick, or demand greatness every year ( like a UK fan), but I think you and others now can relate to some of the posters that you used to think were crazy. We are Older than you, and have been going through this longer lol. More than a half court shot by WVU in tourney at buzzer, loss to underseeded UCLA in tourney, 3/4 court shot by Mike Bibby in 7-up shootout, E-8 loss to NC, so many upsets by eggz...
You meant Miles Simon. Can't forget that one. I was 12.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote