Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 05-19-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
6 Big East Players Pre-Season All-Americans

Pitt teammates Dion Lewis, Jonathan Baldwin and Greg Romeus all made Steele's second team, along with West Virginia safety Robert Sands. Mountaineers running back Noel Devine and UConn linebacker Lawrence Wilson appear on Steele's fourth team.

Steele also came out with his All-Big East team, which has some interesting selections. He picks South Florida's B.J. Daniels as the first-team quarterback, with Rutgers' Tom Savage on the second team. Cincinnati's Zach Collaros is Steele's third-team choice.

Steele also has Greg Lloyd as a first-teamer at defensive end, even though it's unclear whether the UConn senior will even play this year. Other players he likes to break through and perform as first-team All-Big East selections this year include Cincinnati guard Alex Hoffman and South Florida cornerback Kayvon Webster.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post...eele-a-a-teams
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
How Savage gets ranked above Collaros with all the weapons at his disposal is a mystery.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
How anyone is ranked ahead of Collaros in the preseason is beyond me. No other QB was undefeated last year and set school and conference records in the process. Someone show this to Zach. We all know he doesn't like to lose and these type of things will just motivate him even more.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
How anyone is ranked ahead of Collaros in the preseason is beyond me. No other QB was undefeated last year and set school and conference records in the process. Someone show this to Zach. We all know he doesn't like to lose and these type of things will just motivate him even more.
Agreed. This sounds like bulletin board material. No problem with keeping him humble and giving him something to fight for.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:09 AM   #5
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Good. I hope we are picked to finish 4th too. Again, Pitt has a lot of Big East pre-season championships but not too many actually championships.

I want to fly under the radar.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #6
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Good. I hope we are picked to finish 4th too. Again, Pitt has a lot of Big East pre-season championships but not too many actually championships.

I want to fly under the radar.
Agreed, but I'm not sure how under the radar a back-to-back champion can be, even with a new coach. The media and even fans of other teams might not all show us respect, but I guarantee not one opposing player will underestimate us. Nice to be on top though isn't it?
Old 05-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #7
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
I am really not sure. We will see when the coaches poll comes out. I think we will end 3rd in that.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote