Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-30-2016, 03:55 PM   #1001
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
I've decided to reset my expectations for this program. If we make the NCAA Tournament it should be considered a major success. When mediocre Mick lands 1 top 50 recruit every 3 years we cannot expect much more. I no longer have ambitions of winning conference tournaments or NCAA tournament games. If we even make the tournament we should be happy.
Perfect then, you figured it out. Rest easy at night
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:10 PM   #1002
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I've decided to reset my expectations for this program. If we make the NCAA Tournament it should be considered a major success. When mediocre Mick lands 1 top 50 recruit every 3 years we cannot expect much more. I no longer have ambitions of winning conference tournaments or NCAA tournament games. If we even make the tournament we should be happy.
This post is 1000% correct
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:09 PM   #1003
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Malik Newman will transfer from Mississippi State.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:44 PM   #1004
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Perfect then, you figured it out. Rest easy at night
It's going to feel so good when we lose to UConn in the AAC tournament for fourth straight year or when we lose in the first round of the NCAA's again. I'll just be happy to be there!
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:45 PM   #1005
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Malik Newman will transfer from Mississippi State.
Is he really going to sit out a year somewhere? Seems like he could play pro instead, even if it's D-League.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:01 AM   #1006
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Is he really going to sit out a year somewhere? Seems like he could play pro instead, even if it's D-League.
Looks like he's prepared to sit out a year. Unless there's something going on where he knows he can get a waiver to play right away.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:58 AM   #1007
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's going to feel so good when we lose to UConn in the AAC tournament for fourth straight year or when we lose in the first round of the NCAA's again. I'll just be happy to be there!
You'd be the first one, so nice work interpreting everyone's posts.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:39 AM   #1008
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
My expectations are the same for the program but I'm with you on this one. Until Cronin proves he can raise the bar...I won't be expecting a Final Four run or yearly conference champs from his teams. We have some pretty good players but I don't think we are deep enough. I think we can do it with 3 and 4 year players but we need to have 8+ deep with quality. I don't see quality depth this year. I think we have 4 quality D1 players right now. Can we find some depth?

Jenifer? Can he improve his decision making?

Cumberland? Can he be D1 ready as a frosh?

KJ? Not expecting a big jump here but he would be a better backup

Scott? Can he give us 10 quality minutes at the 4?

Moore? Can he work hard and back up the 5 for ten quality minutes?

Brooks? Can he be a better option than Moore at the 5?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:34 AM   #1009
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
All reasonable expectations. Hope Mick is able to raise the bar over the next two years. He has got some good talent in the starting line up. Needs to develop the bench and add some depth. If he can I think he will again compete for the conference title and could have a nice run in tourney. My expectations are to compete for conference title and make the dance. Especially as we are configured now. Like everyone else I want league dominance and high seeds but I have my own understanding of why that is not a reasonable demand at this time. I'm pleased with our Coach and team but like everyone else I want more as well.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:13 AM   #1010
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
Pocketing $$$. Mick needs a jet to recruit can't facetime or get on twitter he needs to sit in living rooms still.
Someone should start a GoFundMe page for Mick to get a private jet lol
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote