Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2016, 12:03 PM   #91
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
Well, in fairness, that is total horse$hit. I have been possibly his biggest critic on recruiting, but I have raved about Washington. I have acknowledged many times that recruiting has gotten better the last few years., as have others Last year I championed Justin Jennifer in a huge way.....and took a boatload of abuse because of it. So, if you're posting this over and over, you're acknowledging that he's landing excellent players.

Jennifer was pretty excellent in the cupcake season last year, and faded away when things got serious. Are we going to declare Washington excellent based on his domination of cupcakes in 6 games? I understand why his supporters are so sensitive about this. You can count the "excellent" players that he's recruited on one hand and the fact that we've only had one NBA draft pick in 10 years and zero in the last 5 years, is just embarrassing for this program. If I was recruiting against MIck Cronin, I would be in recruits ears about this over and over, along with asking them if they really want to sign with Cincinnati and put your offensive game on the back-burner. The fact that we no longer are on the radar of blue chip high school players, bears this out.
I see what you are saying, LT. btw JJ making people better. What a pass he made last night. Drove all the way in, then flipped it to teammate for an easy layup.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:56 AM   #92
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well, in fairness, that is total horse$hit. I have been possibly his biggest critic on recruiting, but I have raved about Washington. I have acknowledged many times that recruiting has gotten better the last few years., as have others Last year I championed Justin Jennifer in a huge way.....and took a boatload of abuse because of it. So, if you're posting this over and over, you're acknowledging that he's landing excellent players.

Jennifer was pretty excellent in the cupcake season last year, and faded away when things got serious. Are we going to declare Washington excellent based on his domination of cupcakes in 6 games? I understand why his supporters are so sensitive about this. You can count the "excellent" players that he's recruited on one hand and the fact that we've only had one NBA draft pick in 10 years and zero in the last 5 years, is just embarrassing for this program. If I was recruiting against MIck Cronin, I would be in recruits ears about this over and over, along with asking them if they really want to sign with Cincinnati and put your offensive game on the back-burner. The fact that we no longer are on the radar of blue chip high school players, bears this out.
.......What? Pull up the game logs between Jenifer last year and Washington this year through the first 6 games, and please explain to be how they're comparable. They're not, at all. Washington has come in and pretty much dominated, and he's getting the playing time for it. If Jenifer was dominating like that, he'd have gotten more PT.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:08 AM   #93
JerseySean

JerseySean is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
They are 6 points better than UC per 100 possession. That is significantly better
Depends on the base size.
JerseySean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:16 AM   #94
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
.......What? Pull up the game logs between Jenifer last year and Washington this year through the first 6 games, and please explain to be how they're comparable. They're not, at all. Washington has come in and pretty much dominated, and he's getting the playing time for it. If Jenifer was dominating like that, he'd have gotten more PT.
What is your point? I have been raving about Washington. Thanks for agreeing with me.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:34 AM   #95
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What is your point? I have been raving about Washington. Thanks for agreeing with me.
quit raving about him and get him to stay out of foul trouble.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:38 AM   #96
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

Quote:
You're acting like Jenifer was playing last year like Washington is this year. It was a terrible comparison. You were real butthurt about Jenifer not getting PT last year when he did very little to deserve it.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:38 AM   #97
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think his point is that JJ averaging 7pts and 2 assists in the cupcake portion of the schedule is not "excellent" compared to Washington averaging 17 & 9 while also dropping 23 & 10 against one of the best defending big men in the country and a top 25 team. JJ has come a long way though.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:39 AM   #98
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
I think his point is that JJ averaging 7pts and 2 assists in the cupcake portion of the schedule is not "excellent" compared to Washington averaging 17 & 9 while also dropping 23 & 10 against one of the best defending big men in the country and a top 25 team. JJ has come a long way though.
Yes, thank you.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:54 AM   #99
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
You're acting like Jenifer was playing last year like Washington is this year. It was a terrible comparison. You were real butthurt about Jenifer not getting PT last year when he did very little to deserve it.
You are correct.....as I watched Caupain lead us to a 5th place finish in a weak mid-major conference, a first round loss in the conference tourney, and yet another first round loss in the NCAA where he scored a whopping 6 points against St. Joes. Yes, it was my belief that the coach should have nurtured Jenifer along and built his confidence rather than banishing him to the end of the bench and destroying his confidence. It was funny how Mick himself eventually said it was his biggest mistake last year, so I believe that means the head coach agrees more with me, than with you.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:56 AM   #100
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You are correct.....as I watched Caupain lead us to a 5th place finish in a weak mid-major conference, a first round loss in the conference tourney, and yet another first round loss in the NCAA where he scored a whopping 6 points against St. Joes. Yes, it was my belief that the coach should have nurtured Jenifer along and built his confidence rather than banishing him to the end of the bench and destroying his confidence. It was funny how Mick himself eventually said it was his biggest mistake last year, so I believe that means the head coach agrees more with me, than with you.
Very happy you and Mick have found some common ground.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote