Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-04-2021, 08:31 AM   #1081
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Like I said from beginning this was race related
Where is it race related? Maybe I missed it, seems like he hates everyone and everyone hates him equally
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:02 AM   #1082
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Like I said from beginning this was race related
Stop grasping at straws here... throwing the race card without any evidence of race issues..... Gabe, Mason and Sorolla (who was recently tweeting about it ) are all white... give me a break
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:09 AM   #1083
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
Interesting I did not mention Cunningham. That said, this may not be a railroad, it may be the University doing due diligence which would make sense with multiple student complaints no matter how baseless. Under that scenario Brannen would be back. Unlike you I have not read about alleged CARA violations. The only allegation I have read is that a player “lost his love for basketball”. As for medical personnel, being “scared”, that does not mean much. Who is this person? Many of those are grad students in sports physical therapy or similar field who do not know a whole hell of a lot at this stage of their career so being “scared” is not ground for firing.

A trial of the Athletic should be your next investment. The details are all there.

John was reprimanded by the university for CARA violations and his response to the team was.... which one of you turned me in?

He’s a prick
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:29 AM   #1084
Bearcat_Z

Bearcat_Z is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
A trial of the Athletic should be your next investment. The details are all there.

John was reprimanded by the university for CARA violations and his response to the team was.... which one of you turned me in?

He’s a prick
Definitely worth the trial membership, and right now you can subscribe to the Athletic for $1 per month. Well worth it, IMO. You can learn more about the entire situation by reading the articles written there.
Bearcat_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 07:39 PM   #1085
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
If these allegations are true (which it seems that way). How in the hell or why in the hell did the assistant coaches not do a damn thing?
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:54 AM   #1086
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Buckle up fellas... Brannen lawyer is a big timer.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:23 AM   #1087
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Starting to think the only way out is John moves on and Cunningham moves on.

John stays... Cunningham has destroyed his credit/reputation and likely handcuffed his recruiting.

Cunningham stays.. who wants to come coach under this administration and witch hunt? Specially if this Johns lawyer makes this very public which it appears he is about to.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:26 AM   #1088
BorisTheCat

BorisTheCat is on a distinguished road
Pretty straight forward now

So... with the paid leave thing and Brannen lawyer news... I think things actually get pretty simple at this point:

1) Really no pathway for Brannen to return as coach
2) UC will fire Brannen and use the outside investigators report to make their "for cause" argument
3) Brannen's lawyer will contest those findings
4) Both sides admit that regardless of that fight, that Brannen is no longer coach.
5) UC/Brannen will fight it out in court/negotiations regarding $$$$
6) UC begins coach search.

Now.. what I am hoping is that #6 doesn't have to wait on the completion of #5. This whole thing has been a cluster but like i say, i THINK its pretty straight forward now.
BorisTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:36 AM   #1089
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Starting to think the only way out is John moves on and Cunningham moves on.

John stays... Cunningham has destroyed his credit/reputation and likely handcuffed his recruiting.

Cunningham stays.. who wants to come coach under this administration and witch hunt? Specially if this Johns lawyer makes this very public which it appears he is about to.

Brannen clearly going F you pay me.

Hoping he'd just quietly go away with less than the full buyout has to be one of the worst decisions we could have made.

Mars linking to when Kansas fired their football coach and the administration was rooting for them to fail so they could hire Les Miles, seems to be quite intentional.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:52 AM   #1090
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Thoughts and support for Jeremiah Davenport, who lost his Father on Monday. Was only 55. Puts things in perspective fast!
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote