Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2021, 10:51 AM   #1181
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Per @CoachingChanges we are close to a hire. https://twitter.com/CoachingChanges/...63605333639169

Based on the interviews that we think we know of, it's probably Gates, Martin/NVE, Savino or Tang.

Of those, I'd be happy with any but Martin/NVE. Gates probably my top choice with Savino as a close second.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 11:07 AM   #1182
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Funny how they talk about a comprehensive nationwide coaching search, then come up with these relatively predictable and uninspiring names.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:11 PM   #1183
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Just because you haven't seen anything doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Based on how tight-lipped and thorough the University has been and how much mud slinging Brannen/Mars have done, my guess is the University has something.

There won't be face saving by the University, we are going to know the amount they pay. Confidentiality doesn't matter much, we will know based on the payment how good what they had was. As a public University they may be able to hide some pieces of the investigation, but they cannot hide the payment.

4+ Million: This was essentially a railroading by UC.
2.5-4 million: They have something, but it's about 50-50 if it would hold up in court.
1.5-2.5 million: They have something good, but not perfect. About 75% of holding up in court.
Less than 1.5 million: They've got Brannen by the balls, but are willing to pay him a token amount to get him to go away.

On Boals, I think the assumption is he doesn't want to come here. Seems like he wants to be a career OU guy.
I am betting it will be $4+ million. I don’t see this as bluster by Mars and Brannen. Mars is a preeminent lawyer in his specialty and trafficking in outlandish claims is nothing any reputable lawyer delves in. This looks like a player mutiny to me that the University played into and I don’t like the fact that they are being so tight lipped where player welfare allegedly is at stake. I was thinking that about Boals but I would think we could lure him given our program is on a completely superior level relative to OU.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:15 PM   #1184
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Per @CoachingChanges we are close to a hire. https://twitter.com/CoachingChanges/...63605333639169

Based on the interviews that we think we know of, it's probably Gates, Martin/NVE, Savino or Tang.

Of those, I'd be happy with any but Martin/NVE. Gates probably my top choice with Savino as a close second.
We were never happy with Mick, now we are pining for his underling? Where has out program fallen to? I will take Martin/VE for no other reason than it would be interesting.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:19 PM   #1185
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Damn we broke broke. We can’t go after head coach with bigger resumes?
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:23 PM   #1186
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
We were never happy with Mick, now we are pining for his underling? Where has out program fallen to? I will take Martin/VE for no other reason than it would be interesting.
If Paul McMillan/griffin commit don’t come within first couple days the Martin/nve hire would be failure. You would think they’ll go after former nba players to fill bench. That alone might be able to take back conference. None of us would be able to win $1k bet to name one coach on JB bench.
Old 04-11-2021, 12:24 PM   #1187
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Funny how they talk about a comprehensive nationwide coaching search, then come up with these relatively predictable and uninspiring names.
Really embarrassing
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:32 PM   #1188
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Beyond embarrassing
Old 04-11-2021, 12:57 PM   #1189
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Damn we broke broke. We can’t go after head coach with bigger resumes?
Who do you want? You can only get who’s available. Mick and huggs were hardly big names. They were fine.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 01:55 PM   #1190
MDW79

MDW79 is on a distinguished road
PLEASE do not hire Savino.