Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-18-2017, 02:26 PM   #1161
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Think they were top 5. But yeah look at Kansas, lost on the road to untangled team and fell 1 spot. And both our losses are quality, rankings can be such a joke. Either way glad we are back to ranked in both polls, two cupcakes this week and a few more losses for everyone else we can make another move. I honestly think if we play the way we should we shouldn't have to worry about even getting close to losing a game til February. If we really handle business we don't have Wichita til late Feb, we could go undefeated the next two months
Jon I'm thinking the same thing. Time to get on a roll. Team is starting to play well. Roles have been defined and we have played enough games to understand what we do best.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:32 PM   #1162
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quick look at Next weeks schedule and it isn't filled with really any great games, I see a few potential upsets but that's about it. Probably not gonna be a great week for a big jump for the cats. I see about 7-8 games that could potentionally result in an upset. My guess, 2 teams lose and cats make it back in the top 20 in the coaches and 18 in the AP.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:35 PM   #1163
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Jon I'm thinking the same thing. Time to get on a roll. Team is starting to play well. Roles have been defined and we have played enough games to understand what we do best.
I agree I think we really gelled in the UCLA game and if we can win there on the road I'm a lot less worried about our conference road games, only one other than Wichita I'm concerned at all with is SMU, I just don't think anyone else in the conference has enough to beat us this year.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:47 PM   #1164
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I agree I think we really gelled in the UCLA game and if we can win there on the road I'm a lot less worried about our conference road games, only one other than Wichita I'm concerned at all with is SMU, I just don't think anyone else in the conference has enough to beat us this year.
if we keeping winning in conference I think that is when you will see are biggest jump. Others teams ahead of us will start taking some losses in conference.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:54 PM   #1165
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
What was Wichita State in the preseason? Why do they lose twice and get #11 but we got bumped to #25 after our 2nd loss?
Or Kansas. Who barely escaped Nebraska and just doesn’t look good yet never drops too far
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:05 PM   #1166
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Or Kansas. Who barely escaped Nebraska and just doesn’t look good yet never drops too far
Some pollsters haven't even seen some of these teams play yet. They will become more accurate as the season goes on.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:14 PM   #1167
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Some pollsters haven't even seen some of these teams play yet. They will become more accurate as the season goes on.
You shouldn’t be allowed to vote if you don’t watch a Ton of basketball.

I can legit say that I’ve seen every team I voted for in the reddit poll at least once and most multiple times

Imo the Reddit poll is better then the AP poll
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:18 PM   #1168
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I can legit say that I’ve seen every team I voted for in the reddit poll at least once and most multiple times

the voters dont watch, the coaches dont even do the voting themselves for a lot of teams in the coaches.

the polls really are a waste of time anymore. fill in big name that is always good and go from there. shift them a little when teams lose.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:29 PM   #1169
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:

Agreed 100%
Old 12-18-2017, 04:32 PM   #1170
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
the voters dont watch, the coaches dont even do the voting themselves for a lot of teams in the coaches.

the polls really are a waste of time anymore. fill in big name that is always good and go from there. shift them a little when teams lose.
Agreed. By end of year the polls may be more accurate but now they are a joke.