Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-27-2021, 04:24 PM   #1
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Realignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Uc is never getting into a p5. Ship has sailed... probably shouldn’t even bring that up.
Ship has far from sailed especially after making another BCS game and being THAT close to a playoff birth in football this year. I’m beginning to think you don’t even like UC
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 04:39 PM   #2
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Ship has far from sailed especially after making another BCS game and being THAT close to a playoff birth in football this year. I’m beginning to think you don’t even like UC
You’re insane. You also comment on posts from like a week ago. Unlike you I actually live in the real world and not some fantasy land. I like how you said THAT close... we weren’t even 5th or 6th choice behind schools with multiple losses. Lol

I love uc. Not mick Cronin and his west side trash family. UCLA has a board waiting for you to comment on.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 04:51 PM   #3
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
You’re insane. You also comment on posts from like a week ago. Unlike you I actually live in the real world and not some fantasy land. I like how you said THAT close... we weren’t even 5th or 6th choice behind schools with multiple losses. Lol

I love uc. Not mick Cronin and his west side trash family. UCLA has a board waiting for you to comment on.
I love Cincinnati, talks trash about entire half the city. You sound like a little pathetic punk. And I commented on a post from a week ago cause I’m not on here 24/7 you know, life n all
Old 03-27-2021, 05:10 PM   #4
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I love Cincinnati, talks trash about entire half the city. You sound like a little pathetic punk. And I commented on a post from a week ago cause I’m not on here 24/7 you know, life n all
You’re probably a little bitch just like him.
Old 03-27-2021, 05:15 PM   #5
MDW79

MDW79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Every single article I've seen that lists out the top G5 schools for P5 conference expanstion has us at #1. I'm pretty sure I've read well over dozen written by different publications at this point.

And this isn't exactly a new thing either. We've been at or near the tops of those lists for years now.

Obviously are football program has a lot to do with this, but so much else does too. Our market size, location for travel, location to build recruiting pipelines, our b-ball history, etc.

Not only does it seem that everyone thinks we should be target 1A to add, it seems everyone agrees expansion is destined happen at some point. Be it by mega-conferences (16 deep), reshuffling (West Virginia to ACC), or kicking programs (Rutgers) out and adding new ones (Cincinnati).

If you think it's a fantasy that UC has a legitimate shot at joining a P5 then I think you're talking out of your ass.
Old 03-27-2021, 05:19 PM   #6
MDW79

Quote:
we weren’t even 5th or 6th choice behind schools with multiple losses. Lol

I love uc.
If you're "lol" at the fact we were only 8th ranked in the BCS polls to close the year then I really have to question if you really do love UC. (You obviously don't)
Old 03-27-2021, 05:22 PM   #7
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
If you're "lol" at the fact we were only 8th ranked in the BCS polls to close the year then I really have to question if you really do love UC. (You obviously don't)
The lol was at the fact that dumbasses actually believe we would have made the playoffs and there is some p5 invite waiting out there for us. You a moron like that other guy who can’t reason?
Old 03-27-2021, 05:25 PM   #8
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Every single article I've seen that lists out the top G5 schools for P5 conference expanstion has us at #1. I'm pretty sure I've read well over dozen written by different publications at this point.

And this isn't exactly a new thing either. We've been at or near the tops of those lists for years now.

Obviously are football program has a lot to do with this, but so much else does too. Our market size, location for travel, location to build recruiting pipelines, our b-ball history, etc.

Not only does it seem that everyone thinks we should be target 1A to add, it seems everyone agrees expansion is destined happen at some point. Be it by mega-conferences (16 deep), reshuffling (West Virginia to ACC), or kicking programs (Rutgers) out and adding new ones (Cincinnati).

If you think it's a fantasy that UC has a legitimate shot at joining a P5 then I think you're talking out of your ass.
I’m gonna agree with you this time lol. I’d love to see a list of non power five schools that have better chances than we do. It certainly wouldn’t be more than 1-2 teams
Old 03-27-2021, 05:33 PM   #9
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:

Maybe you should evaluate what you’re reading. If uc were to get in a better conference that would be a great day. As it stands we add nothing, the big 12 came to this conclusion. The acc picked Louisville. The big 10 will never let us in. Sec... maybe, but ky is pretty close.

Do you really believe conferences will kick out members?
Old 03-27-2021, 05:35 PM   #10
MDW79

Quote:
The lol was at the fact that dumbasses actually believe we would have made the playoffs and there is some p5 invite waiting out there for us. You a moron like that other guy who can’t reason?
Where did anyone say we would have made the playoffs? I'm pretty sure we all knew the writing was on the wall when they first came out and had A&M and Florida over us.

A P5 conference is definitely a possiblity for UC in the future. Is it guaranteed to happen? Of course not. But we have as strong a chance as any of G5 out there.

With conferences tv deals due to expire, and the constantly reshuffling we see every few years, only an idiot wouldn't at least consider the possibility of us joining one again. (Key word: Again. You do know we already were in a P5, right?)

PS The name calling and personal shots are totally unnecessary.

Last edited by MDW79; 03-27-2021 at 05:39 PM.
MDW79 is offline   Reply With Quote