Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 08:48 AM   #21
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Cincinnati has placed itself in good position. If Hammons is 1 he is 1A. great job by the staff to build a strong relationship.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #22
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Cincinnati has placed itself in good position. If Hammons is 1 he is 1A. great job by the staff to build a strong relationship.
Jeff, do you think that the staff is looking to take one of these 2 (Hammons or Obepka) or will they accept both players if they commit. Any idea when we might expect an announcement that someone (anyone?) has commited to the Cats. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #23
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Actually felt we had a decent chance of hearing something in regard to Hammons by mid October. I know they are working extremely hard to land one of these two bigs.

With Jackson, Moog, Ellis and Gaines returning the best case scenario would be to sign a big guard and a low post player. It keeps the post somewhat balanced and the backcourt as well.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #24
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Do you guys know how lucky we are to have bearcatjeff?

I google a players name and look for bearcattalk because I know I can read info on the recruit with video's.

I have OSU fans that check BCT to get info on both football and basketball recruits.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #25
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
Flashbacks to all the recruits we've lost to UConn.

Quote:
OBEKPA TO VISIT UCONN

Chris Obekpa, a 6-9 forward from Our Savior New American, will take an unofficial visit Thursday to UConn, per Our Savior assistant Eric Jaklitsch.

Obekpa has already taken an unofficial to Providence, but cannot take any official visits until his SAT results come in from the Oct. 1 test.

Obekpa will also be at St. John’s Midnight Madness Friday night, along with St. John’s commits Amir Garrett, Ricardo Gathers and Darrick Wood. Cardozo 2013 forward Jermaine Lawrence will also be among those in attendance, per coach Ron Naclerio, as will 2013 wing Jason Boswell of Trinity (Conn.) Catholic.
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/10/14/i...ay/#more-59340
Old 10-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #26
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Do you guys know how lucky we are to have bearcatjeff?

I google a players name and look for bearcattalk because I know I can read info on the recruit with video's.

I have OSU fans that check BCT to get info on both football and basketball recruits.
Thanks G1! Guess my mid Oct guess was fairly accurate though it didn't go our way. Would like to see UC make a run at Staphon Blair out of Florida and they may make a hard charge at Tevin Glass out of Georgia. My thought is Obekpa will be a tough get with UConn lurking. Not impossible but tough.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #27
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Thanks G1! Guess my mid Oct guess was fairly accurate though it didn't go our way. Would like to see UC make a run at Staphon Blair out of Florida and they may make a hard charge at Tevin Glass out of Georgia. My thought is Obekpa will be a tough get with UConn lurking. Not impossible but tough.
are those guys that we are already involved with? glass's name sounds familiar....what is the story with them?
Old 10-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #28
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

They have reached out to Glass. Southern boy with what is probably a southern lean but he is listed as having a medium interest in UC. Blair I like and hope they make an inroad. Has some really nice programs after him.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 10-14-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #29
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
It’s not hard to understand why Chris Obekpa is drawing so much high Division 1 interest and why defending national champion UConn will host him for an unofficial visit Thursday.

The 6-foot-9 Obekpa is a natural rebounder and shot-blocker who had a huge weekend for Our Savior New American at the IS8 playoffs in Queens.

In an 82-72 quarterfinal win over Sports University Sunday, Obekpa posted 11 points, 18 rebounds and nine blocks.

That followed a triple-double Saturday against Primetime Prep in which he tallied 10 points, 11 rebounds and 10 blocks.

“He played terrific,” New York recruiting expert Tom Konchalski said.

Obekpa and Our Savior will meet the Panthers in one semifinal Saturday at 11 a.m., while the Playaz will take on Mount Vernon in the other semifinal at 12:30.

The final is set for 11 a.m. Sunday.

UCLA, Cincinnati, Seton Hall, St. John’s, Florida and Georgia Tech are also involved with Obekpa, who cannot take any official visits until the results from his Oct. 1 SAT come in.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/10/17/b...obekpa-at-is8/
Old 10-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #30
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

UConn has had some serious talent visiting. They're going to be good no matter what league they end up in if they land a few of them.
Closed Thread