Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #11
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Thought tonights game went as expected...

Thought Justin took some bad shots. His goofy turn around bank attempts have to go....

Sean turned the ball over WAY to much tonight. lazy passing mostly.

Shaq was like 5-7, played well. I wish he would attack the basket more.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #12
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
KJ stood out to me today, his defense is relentless and offensively he somehow is sneaky quick on rebounding, I cant really describe it but he times offensive rebounds very nicely. I really thought he played well tonight, even if the stat sheet said he only played average. He is the clear back up to SK
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #13
IDC

IDC is on a distinguished road
against these better teams, or PG is going to have to knock down some outside shots.
IDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #14
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Stat of the game-Rubles goes 8-8 from the ft line. I don't know if we will ever see that again.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:25 AM   #15
CaptDale
Elite Member

CaptDale is on a distinguished road
Our D is like that mosquito you hear buzzing in your ear in the middle of the night. It's starting to gel and will soon be tested for real vs competent competition. JS has true floor sense on D. I would isolate on him for the scant :13 he played, and he always seemed to be where he would be most effective, ie, picking up a man on the weak side. Offensively, he handles the ball well, but isn't much of a threat. ST has really come alive both on O and D, especially D. He's getting the big picture and well-deserved minutes. GG is the PG. He has great handles but still needs to create more half court action. TC is the perfect backup. When he subs for GG we don't lose much except he dribbles the ball far too high. When he comes up against some good D, I can see him getting stripped. I like GG as a ball handler. Keeps the ball waist high or below. JL is coming around but is trying too hard. All the rah rahs about one and done.............why don't I hear them now? He's raw. There are plenty of freshmen out there who can play rings around him. He's no Andrew Wiggins, Marcus Smart (now a soph) or Jabari Parker. But, having said that, I believe he will develop and be a good asset for us for at least 2 or 3 years minimum - 4 if he's smart. If he'll cultivate his game, he will improve his worth down the road.
CaptDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #16
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
GG looks comfortable but I still believe he can add a little offense if he'd attack more.

Lawrence looks more comfortable each game. Liked that he took and hit the open midrange J.

Sanders continues to just be solid.

Thomas seems to be sttling in.

SK is SK but there are times he forces shots he shouldn't. Not complaining just saying this is what kills his percentage.

Jackson has to be more judicious in his shot blocking. We have to have him on the floor.

Rubles is and will be a match up problem especially if he can hit from 10-15 feet.

Caupain needs to be more agressive but is solid.

KJ's outside shot is so far off. He reminds me of Dixon on the offensive glass and finish.

Nyarsuk got some minutes and needs them. Keep hoping to hear about Strickland.

JD3 my heart goes out to to and your family buddy.

I like our starting 5 and think it can compete with most teams. KJ, TC, Lawrence and Sanders is a young but solid rotation. I'd worry less if Strickland can play literally and on the court.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 11-30-2013 at 08:29 AM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #17
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Sanders Shot seemed to be off the last game and a half. It seems like it just takes him too long to get the ball out of his hand to shoot. Kilpatrick has a lightning quick draw, would like to see Sanders work on getting it out quicker.

Thought that KJ played the best game as a bearcat. Like Lawrence he is getting better and better with more playing time. He had great court vision on the long pass to start the break. He also had a nice assist to JJ. He flat out needs to stop shooting 3's. He is not coming close to hitting anything outside the paint. Stick to put backs and pump fakes to get inside the stripe. He is reaching Rubles and Ibrahima Thomas proportions from the outside.

I think that someone needs to step up and hit some outside shots other than SK. If we ever see zone and they face guard SK we may be in trouble if we can't hit outside shots to open the middle up.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #18
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Against teams with quality big men, Cincinnati's pressure is going to have to be very good. Instead of trying to match what the other team is good at, it is better to just excel at what you are good at. That is what UC will have to do.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #19
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
The thing that stands out to me with these freshman is their basketball IQ. They know how to play the game and use their bodies. Of course they still have a lot to learn and grow on, but they are starting from a much better point than our past recruits. I saw both KJ and Caupain make lay-ups over defenders solely because they got the defender behind them and used their butt and back as seperation to protect their shot. This is how you finish around the rim. I like what I've seen from Lawrence he just simply needs to get stronger. Playing at his position is not easy undersized. He's trying to do too much as well, but if he can learn what not to do from these mistakes then I am all for it. I'm glad these early opponents have allowed Cronin the opportunity to get these guys some serious minutes. They have played well enough to deserve good minutes going forward.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:35 AM   #20
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Looking back throught the stat line this morning I noticed Sanders had 6 points, 5 rebounds and 3 steals in 13 minutes. He just quietly does his job.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote