Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
The Classic

Thoughts on the game?

My biggest concern is fouls... This game is going to be called tight as is. Add in the fact that their best player simply puts his head down and runs into people.

Saw tonight semaj got to the line 17 times. That cant happen for UC.

I expect UC to win this game, they are the better team imo... But with this rivalry you never kno what is going to happen.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
The big key is to not let up on the press. I think if we can press well the whole first half, Semaj, Dee Davis, etc. will start to cramp up again. We should try to get Semaj in foul trouble and while I don't want him to go to the line 17 times, it is okay to foul him sometimes since he has had past struggles at the line.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
I don't know much about their team (other than Semaj and a couple others), but I do know they were already getting cocky chanting "BRING ON CINCY!" tonight. You'd think after losing 3 games in 3 days, then squeaking past a couple garbage opponents at home, they'd be a little more humble. Then again, we are talking about X fans.

I love this rivalry. I can't wait to be downtown all day bar hopping (don't worry, I won't be that drunk belligerent fan making us look bad) then walking over to US Bank. If we win, we'll have taken 3 in the last 4 years, which when compared to the last 20 years, is really good. Yeah, its just a rivalry, but there's nothing I'd love more than for UC to start taking control of it. This city is UC's. You ask fans across the country where Xavier is, and they'll say "Uhhh, no idea. Philly?"
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
It's too early to call this a "must-win" game, but when I look at our schedule and search for tournament resume wins, I see a top-heavy AAC, Xavier, and Pitt. Unless we improve dramatically, I don't see us stealing many wins from Louisville, Memphis, and UConn, and SMU looks like the only other team in our conference that might be worthy of the big dance. These next two games are about as important as a 2-game non-conference stretch could be. If we lose the next 2 games, we're going to have to go 3-3 against the top of the conference and not slip up against the rest to be considered for an at-large bid, so it's very important we win these games.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Xavier has struggled with Bowling Green and now Evansville. For some reason, I expect them to play their best game of the year on Saturday. Cincinnati is definitely the better team but Stainbrook and Philmore do kind of worry me inside. I think that New Mexico game was a nice wake up call to the weak defensive rebounding, UNM missed 22 shots and got 11 offensive rebounds.

As good as Christon is (I think pretty highly of him), I am not as worried about him. Cincinnati has good enough perimeter defenders to make it difficult for him to score.

On offense, Xavier is going to pack it in like last year and they always do a good job of helping off the ball. Cincinnati is going to have to stick to running offense as opposed to the one-on-one stuff we saw last game.

Overall, the score should be fairly similar to last years game. I'll say Cincinnati wins 61-52.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #6
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Yeah I couldn't believe they were chanting that either after being down a dozen to Evansville. I hope we shut them up. Its like last year though: We are a better team right now. It all comes down to whether we play like it.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #7
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
I think everyone is on point with their assessment of the game. I hope UC takes care of the ball. We must win the turnover battle. I have seen 2 X games this year, one was the Iowa game in which X did well in transition mainly bc of semja. I think X plays good help defense but I also think they foul every time on defense lol. We should def win this game but we got to enforce our style of play on them.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Anyone know what the line is?
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #9
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
well stupid me planned a ski trip this weekend to snow shoe. Does anyone know if this game will be on Iheart radio? and watch station? And does anyone know if fox sports 1 is available around that area?
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #10
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Thoughts on the game?

My biggest concern is fouls... This game is going to be called tight as is. Add in the fact that their best player simply puts his head down and runs into people.

Saw tonight semaj got to the line 17 times. That cant happen for UC.

I expect UC to win this game, they are the better team imo... But with this rivalry you never kno what is going to happen.
I'm hoping SK and TC can draw some fouls of their own to balance out the FT total. I wouldn't mind seeing KJ get a chance to defend semaj.

JL could do some good things in this one, X doesn't have anyone like him. Shaq would be the same, but you don't know what to expect from him.

My prediction is this one is close at halftime and UC wears them out in the 2nd half. 64 - 50 Cats win.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote