Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-27-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Sk Future/ Temple Game

Obviously I think alot of people on this site think that SK will get a look at the NBA... I agree he may get a look. But I dont think he will make an NBA team. (Personally I think he would be a great fit with the spurs or the pacers but dont see it happening)...

The temple game had breakout game written all over it.. Came out firing away and making shots. Should have EASILY scored 30+ and didnt. I believe that he played himself out of a NBA contract in the last 13 minutes of that game. He became a no show. His glarring weakness (athleticism) shined brightly, he couldnt even get open to get the ball. Temple doesnt have a NBA guy on there team, regardless of how pressing they became, the fact that he put up 0 fgs in the final 13 minutes is all I needed to see. What could have become a staple game in his career, to me showed why he wont be a NBA guy.

I hope I am very very wrong. SK has been one of the best embassaders for UC basketball. Will go down a scoring machine and will be greatly missed by the fans.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #2
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Obviously I think alot of people on this site think that SK will get a look at the NBA... I agree he may get a look. But I dont think he will make an NBA team. (Personally I think he would be a great fit with the spurs or the pacers but dont see it happening)...

The temple game had breakout game written all over it.. Came out firing away and making shots. Should have EASILY scored 30+ and didnt. I believe that he played himself out of a NBA contract in the last 13 minutes of that game. He became a no show. His glarring weakness (athleticism) shined brightly, he couldnt even get open to get the ball. Temple doesnt have a NBA guy on there team, regardless of how pressing they became, the fact that he put up 0 fgs in the final 13 minutes is all I needed to see. What could have become a staple game in his career, to me showed why he wont be a NBA guy.

I hope I am very very wrong. SK has been one of the best embassaders for UC basketball. Will go down a scoring machine and will be greatly missed by the fans.
That was your take away from the game? He put up 29 points grabbed 8 rebounds and 2 steals. He hit 2 big FT's with 7 seconds left to break a 76-76 tie. Temple's defense was only focused on him with a box & 1 - all while playing with a sprained ankle.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Personally I think it will be tough for him to make a roster. But not because of anything from that game. I thought he played great yesterday. Temple changed everything about their D when they realized they didnt have a real answer to stop SK. So what did they do? they created a box zone D with 1 guy always on SK. 1 man beating a defense like that would be worthy of a top 10 NBA pick even if it was against a Temple team. They chose to Stop SK and let other people score. Dont let SK beat you was their game plan.

Just like last year though, SK struggled because of a lack of a big man. we saw it again last night. SK is a great shooter, but more than likely he needs to be set up. With no interior presence and the ball going around the arc there isnt much offense being created. And with a Box and 1 on defense Sk would have to beat 2-3 guys to get to the rim. SK had a great game last night
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #4
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Sorry but that's just ignorant. He drops 29 including the game winning free throws but plays himself out of an nba contract. I don't think so man. Any way more nba guys will watch how he does at against Louisville and uconn and Memphis and in the tourney than against temple. But he had a great game he led his team to victory. Second rounder IMO and a solid nba role player
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:30 PM   #5
Not Guilty
Elite Member

Not Guilty is on a distinguished road
I agree with the conclusion. Not sure about the thought process though.

I don't see SK making the NBA. He is small for a 2 guard in the NBA and lacks athleticism. His turnovers are down this year, but his handle still isn't impressive, so point guard is out of the question. And he isn't a dead eye shooter. What he does well won't translate against the freak athletes of the NBA unfortunately.

I don't think yesterday has anything to do with that though. If SK was consistently as good of a shooter as he showed yesterday, he might have a better chance at the NBA. He also showed a nice post move and got the rim a few different times. He showed a lot of different skills. And when Temple decided to focus everything on him, the rest of our team torched Temple. Yesterday was the best our offense has played all year. SK played a huge part in that, first in scoring and then in opening things up for everyone else.

That doesn't change the fact that he simply doesn't have the size or athleticism required at the NBA level.
Not Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #6
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

While I have agreed with you in the past on the future of SK in the pros, I think that last night improved his stock. Also played the second half with a slightly twisted ankle
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:41 PM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I think he'll get some camp invites and has an outside shot in the right situation. He'll make a lot of money overseas and one day will (imo) return and be on Micks staff. He loves being a Bearcat and will go down as one of the best ever. He's won I believe 93 games so far and has a very good chance of going over 100.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 01-27-2014 at 06:55 PM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:23 PM   #8
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I think the point LL is trying to make is when Pepper was going nuts on the other side and Temple was coming back, that is when an NBA-type player would take over himself and go nuts. SK didn't. NBA players have to be able to score when the opposing team is locked in on stopping you. SK isn't that type of player. SK doesn't take over games. It seems an odd time to pick on him after dropping 29, but I don't really disagree with his point.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:52 PM   #9
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I think the point LL is trying to make is when Pepper was going nuts on the other side and Temple was coming back, that is when an NBA-type player would take over himself and go nuts. SK didn't. NBA players have to be able to score when the opposing team is locked in on stopping you. SK isn't that type of player. SK doesn't take over games. It seems an odd time to pick on him after dropping 29, but I don't really disagree with his point.
So since Pepper made 7/8 threes in the 2nd half, SK should've done something like that? What are those odds? You can't expect SK to have the best half of his life at the exact time the opposing player does. SK did his part the first 30 minutes. He got us that huge lead. Without that lead we would've lost. It's not his job to drop 40.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #10
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
29 points 8 rebounds and 2 steals. Frankly right now all I care about is that he's a very good college player.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote