Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #11
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I think the point LL is trying to make is when Pepper was going nuts on the other side and Temple was coming back, that is when an NBA-type player would take over himself and go nuts. SK didn't. NBA players have to be able to score when the opposing team is locked in on stopping you. SK isn't that type of player. SK doesn't take over games. It seems an odd time to pick on him after dropping 29, but I don't really disagree with his point.
Exactly my point... Really wasnt trying to pick on him. Just my thoughts as the Temple game progressed.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:05 PM   #12
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
You know what is annoying to me? When talking about a really good college player, people always qualify the statement by talking about how they won't make it in the pros.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:22 PM   #13
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
SK played hurt and had a guy who wouldn't let him out of his sights guarding him in the second half. A true leader does more than just score, he helps the team in many different aspects. SK is an excellent defender, probably better than most NBA players who have never played defense in their entire life. He also lead the team in rebounds, coaches like players who do the small things. Plus, I don't bet against people with work ethics like him. I remember Mick saying once that SK needed his own set of keys to the gym because he is always trying to improve. With his hard work and dedication, I think someone will take a flyer. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't. If not, he will be one of the best overseas players out there.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:25 PM   #14
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
SK is hurt too? What's his issue?
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #15
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
SK is hurt too? What's his issue?
Landed awkwardly at one point and was grimacing a little bit. Nothing major, just a little banged up. Such is the life of a D1 basketball player....
Old 01-27-2014, 09:03 PM   #16
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
SK played hurt and had a guy who wouldn't let him out of his sights guarding him in the second half. A true leader does more than just score, he helps the team in many different aspects. SK is an excellent defender, probably better than most NBA players who have never played defense in their entire life. He also lead the team in rebounds, coaches like players who do the small things. Plus, I don't bet against people with work ethics like him. I remember Mick saying once that SK needed his own set of keys to the gym because he is always trying to improve. With his hard work and dedication, I think someone will take a flyer. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't. If not, he will be one of the best overseas players out there.
Wrong... Amazing that people actually make statements like this. Have you ever watched the NBA? Even slightly? Im guessing not... the NBA plays tremendous defense, it just so happens that the offensive talent in the NBA is simply unbelievable.

As for SK being an excellent defender... lets not get carried away. Solid defender, not shut down.... As the leader I would have liked him demand to check pepper tho. Did for a little bit.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:06 PM   #17
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Wrong... Amazing that people actually make statements like this. Have you ever watched the NBA? Even slightly? Im guessing not... the NBA plays tremendous defense, it just so happens that the offensive talent in the NBA is simply unbelievable.

As for SK being an excellent defender... lets not get carried away. Solid defender, not shut down.... As the leader I would have liked him demand to check pepper tho. Did for a little bit.
From where he was his freshman year to now, Sean Kilpatrick has become a very good defender. All the coaches over the summer at Team USA lauded him for his lock down perimeter defense. It is a luxury that he is the 3rd or 4th best defender on this team...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:09 PM   #18
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Not only that, but the NBA is designed to allow 90-100 points per game. 24 second shot clock, only man to man defense allowed, etc. I can't stand the NBA, but there are pleeeeenty of talented defenders. Watch a Pacers game.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:24 PM   #19
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:

The Harlem Globetrotters play better defense than most NBA teams, I can't watch the NBA anymore. They have laxed the rules so much in college and it drives me nuts, so the NBA is even worse in my mind. I'm a basketball purist, go back and watch Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, etc. so that you can see how the game is supposed to be played. I love watching UC because they play the game the right way.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:47 PM   #20
Not Guilty
Elite Member

Not Guilty is on a distinguished road
Anyone that thinks there isn't really good defense played in the NBA simply have no idea what they are talking about.
Not Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote