Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-27-2014, 09:56 PM   #21
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
The Harlem Globetrotters play better defense than most NBA teams, I can't watch the NBA anymore. They have laxed the rules so much in college and it drives me nuts, so the NBA is even worse in my mind. I'm a basketball purist, go back and watch Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, etc. so that you can see how the game is supposed to be played. I love watching UC because they play the game the right way.
What??? NBA basketball is probably the best its been in a long time. A lot of teams playing small ball, shooting well from the perimeter and playing at faster tempos. The Thunder, Warriors, Blazers, Spurs, Heat and Timberwolves are all very exciting if you like good offensive spacing. Then you've got the Pacers who are an elite defensive team. The Eastern Conference playoffs will suck but the West probably has 10 playoff teams, a lot of exciting basketball!!!
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #22
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Guilty View Post
Anyone that thinks there isn't really good defense played in the NBA simply have no idea what they are talking about.
I know I'm in the minority with this argument, but I stand by it. Let's move back on topic, because we've had this debate before. I have been boycotting the NBA the past few years, except to watch a few minutes of K-Mart and now Lance. To be honest, I don't really care much for all pro sports. They are all overpaid and self-centered. I like the NFL and MLB, but I like college basketball and football the best. There is nothing like bowl season and March Madness.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #23
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
I know I'm in the minority with this argument, but I stand by it. Let's move back on topic, because we've had this debate before. I have been boycotting the NBA the past few years, except to watch a few minutes of K-Mart and now Lance. To be honest, I don't really care much for all pro sports. They are all overpaid and self-centered. I like the NFL and MLB, but I like college basketball and football the best. There is nothing like bowl season and March Madness.
Bowl season is one of the least exciting times in all of sports to me, other than a couple BCS games and the title. I love UC football, don't get me wrong, but I've never understood the excitement of winning goofy bowl games sponsored by companies such as Autozone. Outside of UC and UNC fans, I can't imagine many really remember who won this year's Belk Bowl.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:33 PM   #24
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Bowl season is one of the least exciting times in all of sports to me, other than a couple BCS games and the title. I love UC football, don't get me wrong, but I've never understood the excitement of winning goofy bowl games sponsored by companies such as Autozone. Outside of UC and UNC fans, I can't imagine many really remember who won this year's Belk Bowl.
Yeah, I get your point, but try to remember the buzz and excitement when we got to play in BCS games. It was so much fun to be a Cincy football fan, it was cool to see us come out of nowhere with BK's high powered offense.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:36 AM   #25
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
ITT someone voices an opinion about the lack of NBA defense while admitting to never watching NBA games. Makes sense.

Sounds standard.

Watch how they defend ball screens on the wing in cbb and then watch the NBA. There's a reason virtually every cbb team tries to ice side pnr's now. They stole it from the NBA. Thibodeau, Pop and Vogel are some of the best defensive minds ever.

NBA defenses are more advanced conceptually, have better scouting, more film and breakdowns from synergy, better coaches strategically, and oh yeah way better athletes and defenders than the college game.

The only critique that I could see being fair is there are definitely guys who take plays, and games off that you don't see in college. Mind you that is mostly bc an 82 game schedule is absurd, but that's never gonna be shortened bc of $$$.

I don't even blame them though. The new sports vu cameras now track the distance a player covers in a game and average was like 3.5 miles.

3.5 x 82= 287 miles in about 6 months

That's right around 11 marathons distance wise in 1/2 of a year except its with stop and starting full exertion, bumps, jumping, falls, and banging inside. Add in travel and practice and that leaves me to conclude Lebron is a cyborg that is indestructible.
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:45 AM   #26
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Not only that, but the NBA is designed to allow 90-100 points per game. 24 second shot clock, only man to man defense allowed, etc. I can't stand the NBA, but there are pleeeeenty of talented defenders. Watch a Pacers game.

They allow Zone now.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote