Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2014, 02:58 PM   #1
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Go Big

This team cant shoot. This team cant score.

This may be extreme but id like to try.

Troy. Cobb. Clark. Ellis. Daberry.

Im tired of forming to other teams... Lets dominate the paint. Until mick adjusts his recruting strategy this team has limited options.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #2
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post

Im tired of forming to other teams... Lets dominate the paint. Until mick adjusts his recruting strategy this team has limited options.
You're assuming that Cronin's recruiting strategy is wrong. His recruiting strategy may be just fine. Maybe he just can't close the deal. The problem may lie in the way he coaches and in his style of play, which would never attract good offensive players. Why would players want to come here and play a monotonous slow down game and focus most of their effort on the defensive end?
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #3
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:

Mick has definitely shifted his recruiting strategy. His last two classes have almost exclusively been centered around offense. Clark, Moore, Cobb, Deberry, Jenifer, Scott, and Evans were all recruited because of their ability to put the ball in the basket. It's yet to be seen if that shift will work the way he hopes.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
Mick has definitely shifted his recruiting strategy. His last two classes have almost exclusively been centered around offense. Clark, Moore, Cobb, Deberry, Jenifer, Scott, and Evans were all recruited because of their ability to put the ball in the basket. It's yet to be seen if that shift will work the way he hopes.
I don't think Jenifer is being brought in to put the ball in the basket. I'm also willing to bet that Scott never averages double figures any year of his Bearcat career.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #5
JackBauer151
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I don't think Jenifer is being brought in to put the ball in the basket. I'm also willing to bet that Scott never averages double figures any year of his Bearcat career.
Ok well Jenifer is being brought here because of what he brings to the offense. His ability to score/help the team score. Why is that your opinion on Scott?
Old 12-20-2014, 05:04 PM   #6
L-T
Epic Member

Quote:
Ok well Jenifer is being brought here because of what he brings to the offense. His ability to score/help the team score. Why is that your opinion on Scott?
Scott is not that highly rated. Mick doesn't have a strong track record of finding diamonds in the rough.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:06 PM   #7
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Obviously you've seen all the clips on Scott that I have, but he just looks raw to me. And at 6'7" 205 I'm just not sure where he fits. He isn't big enough to play down low but doesn't seem to be a good enough shooter outside of 12-15 feet to play the 3. Maybe my opinion would change if he redshirted (I doubt it), but imo we've seen enough of these 6'7" tweener guys. He wasn't very highly recruited either (maybe just bc he's from a small town or whatever), so I'm thinking he's just another one of those "athletic/diamond in the rough/project" types that is more athlete than basketball player. And I think we're all sick of that.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #8
JackBauer151
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
Scott is not that highly rated. Mick doesn't have a strong track record of finding diamonds in the rough.
What? Vaughn, Kilpatrick, Dixon, Bishop, Caupain, Logan, Clark?
Old 12-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #9
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:

That would require having big men who know how to actually post up. Use their body as an advantage. We towered over VCU but yet all I saw was guys 4-5 inches shorter than Ellis and Deberry have better position than any UC post guy. IMO its been an issue for years.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #10
L-T
Epic Member

Quote:
What? Vaughn, Kilpatrick, Dixon, Bishop, Caupain, Logan, Clark?
Wow, did you watch Vaughn as a senior? Lol...Dixon and Bishop....really? Sk.....loved him....but he really only had one great season. Caupain....jury's still out....did you watch him today? Clark.....wasn't he the POY in NC? Wouldn't classify him as a diamond in the rough. He was a 4 star. Logan....Cronin wasn't the head coach.