Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-19-2010, 05:18 AM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'11 FL RB Tre Mason (Offer)

Running Back
Lake Worth, FL (Park Vista)

Ht:5'9"
Wt:180 lbs
40:4.5 secs
GPA:2.7
SAT:830
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:20 AM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Offered by UC, Wisconsin, Rutgers, MD, Marshall, Duke, Ole Miss.

Interest from Florida, USF, Miami, GA, FSU, Syracuse.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:21 AM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Scout 3 star. Ranked number 34 rb.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:22 AM   #4
swg
Epic Member

Notes: Maryland has offered. Has some nasty cuts, and definitely has Florida speed. Surprisingly tough to bring down. Absurdly productive; had 5 TDs within 15 minutes one game, and had 300+ yards on 20 carries in another. HS football, I know, but those are Jordan Williams type of stats. Seems to like Miami (or at least thinks they're "impressive"). I like being in with these type of SoFla kids.

http://www.testudotimes.com/pages/20...iting-database
Old 05-02-2010, 07:37 AM   #5
swg
Epic Member

From april..

Park Vista (Lake Worth, Fla.) running back Tre Mason is an incredible athlete who had a very productive day at the camp. The 5-8.5, 180 pounder showed a great mix of athleticism and control, displaying quick feet and a fierce ability to change direction in the SPARQ drills. Throughout the day, Mason was attentive, focused and showed a passion for learning the nuances of the position while also excelling in all the competition phases of the camp. Likes Miami, Florida and Ohio State and currently holds offers from Maryland, Marshall, Duke, Rutgers, Wisconsin, Ole Miss and FIU. Ran for 1,460 yards and 24 TDs last fall.

http://rise.espn.go.com/football/art...ing-backs.aspx
Old 07-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #6
Racinejake

Racinejake will become famous soon enough
Mason says he's favoring Ole Miss, WVU, Vanderbilt, Rutgers, and Syracuse but he's not yet narrowing his list. He's a kid I'd LOVE to have at UC as he'd be great in the spread. It's getting frustrating seeing all these RBs with Rutgers high on their list. They've already got 2 RBs in this class and have 5-6 RBs on their roster. I guess having Ray Rice must be really paying dividends for them. I guess they aren't telling prospects that they finished dead last in the BE during conference games in rushing yards per game by a wide margin at only 94 ypg. 'Pass happy' Cincinnati came in 3rd with 168.9 ypg yet we're still having a hard time recruiting quality RBs.

http://www.soflafootball.com/feature...ools#more-1865
Racinejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:50 AM   #7
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Unfortunately, perception is reality.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #8
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
Here's an important stat: 9. That is the number of carries Isaiah Pead averaged per game last year. Recruits assume they will not get enough carries to get them to that next level at UC and will play second fiddle on offense to the gifted WR's UC has.

I am hopeful that number will be nearly doubled this season and it will help in future classes.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #9
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Scout is reporting he was offered by Penn State this week.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #10
Racinejake

Racinejake will become famous soon enough
Not good news. I think he seems to really like PSU as well. He'd be a great fit for our spread offense but he hasn't been giving us much love lately which leads me to believe we're not really in the picture any longer with him. Too bad
Racinejake is offline   Reply With Quote