Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles

Old 06-17-2010, 12:48 PM   #11
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Just saw that. Thanks CDS86! Gonna move him with the other commits.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #12
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
Love seeing a big, nasty defensive lineman added. Now maybe we can land Poole and Daniels as well.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:10 PM   #13
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Danny View Post
Love seeing a big, nasty defensive lineman added. Now maybe we can land Poole and Daniels as well.
I second that.

So far, I really like what Coach Jones and the staff is doing. They have 4 solid players verballed and I have a feeling we will see several more in the coming weeks. It's an exciting time to be a Bearcat!
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:27 PM   #14
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Nice. Send out via twitter folks.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #15
Racinejake

Racinejake will become famous soon enough
Excellent pickup. This is a kid that flew under the radar but the coaches got to see him live and loved what they saw. I love that we are finally adding quality depth at the DT position with Lozano and Phillips last year and now Mitchell in this class. Like to see us bring in one more DT in this class and load up on DEs and LBs. The staff is really addressing the critical needs so far in this class.
Racinejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #16
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Number four! Welcome.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:26 AM   #17
swg
Epic Member

Withrow senior-to-be defensive tackle Brandon Mitchell orally committed to Cincinnati today, according to coach Doc Gamble.

Mitchell, listed at 6-2, 300 lbs, also had offers from Ball State, Western Kentucky, Ohio University, Akron, Western Michigan, Kent State and Bowling Green.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/20...commits-to-uc/
Old 06-19-2010, 08:06 PM   #18
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
According to coach he was getting ready to set up and make visits to 4 BCS schools... got him before he blew up, good get...
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:18 PM   #19
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Rivals has evaluated Mitchell and made him a 3-star prospect:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/cincinnati/f...itchell-107297
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #20
swg
Epic Member

“I consider him the sleeper of this class,” University of Cincinnati head football coach Butch Jones said.

Those remarks were about Brandon Mitchell of Withrow High School Feb. 2 (National Signing Day).

For those who had any reservations about Mitchell (and not many did since he was listed as a “three-star recruit” by ESPN.com, Rivals.com, Scout.com and 247Sports.com) that should be enough ammunition.

In Mitchell’s case, a summer verbal commitment stood. Prior to that, his services were sought by Ball State, Western Kentucky, Akron, Western Michigan, Kent State and Bowling Green. That list might not floor you, but most college coaches don’t define their recruits by “stars” or by who else has recruited them.

The staff at UC believes they have a special find in Mitchell, and the 6-2, 290 pound lineman is enthusiastic about staying in town. The decision was for his current family and for his “new family.”

“It took a lot of thought,” Mitchell said. “I had to go to the campus a couple of times to get a feel for it. I got real, real comfortable with the coaches, the players. I talked with my family about it and they felt good about it. They’ve got a really good family environment. It was the family atmosphere they gave me up there that really convinced me.”

LOTS MORE....

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/presspre...moves-pay-off/