Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 02-16-2018, 01:27 PM   #11
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Is this 2 years in a row with no Memphis? How does that work? 8 conference games...we play each division opponent, then half the other division? What am I missing? Why don't these things ever just make sense? You should be able to schedule out the AAC for eternity.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:50 PM   #12
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Is this 2 years in a row with no Memphis? How does that work? 8 conference games...we play each division opponent, then half the other division? What am I missing? Why don't these things ever just make sense? You should be able to schedule out the AAC for eternity.
You play same three schools in other division back to back years. We had Memphis the 1st 2 years of divisional play
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:15 AM   #13
XgradforUC

XgradforUC is on a distinguished road
Talked with a buddy of mine that is a very long time UCats member with season tickets for both football and basketball. Usually knows what’s what with the program and scheduling.....

In regards to them Miami thing, he says that UC won’t be going up to Miami for another 10 years. The game at PBS is a Miami “home” game, but UC gets an equal number of tickets to Miami.

Personally, I’d rather take a Saturday afternoon in Oxford, than I would a game at PBS. And I live about 10 minutes from the river.
XgradforUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:56 AM   #14
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by XgradforUC View Post
Talked with a buddy of mine that is a very long time UCats member with season tickets for both football and basketball. Usually knows what’s what with the program and scheduling.....

In regards to them Miami thing, he says that UC won’t be going up to Miami for another 10 years. The game at PBS is a Miami “home” game, but UC gets an equal number of tickets to Miami.

Personally, I’d rather take a Saturday afternoon in Oxford, than I would a game at PBS. And I live about 10 minutes from the river.
I don't know if I buy this explanation. We went to Miami last year so they wouldn't be the home team again this year. And it's pointless to say half the tickets will go to Miami and half to UC because they won't sell half the the stadium out anyway. We couldn't sell out the shootout at US Bank because season ticket holders didn't want to pay extra since it wasn't part of package. Miami and PBS might not sell 20,000
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:02 AM   #15
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Sounds like Ross Trail is transferring.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:09 AM   #16
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

We opened at +11.5 at UCLA
Old 04-14-2018, 10:24 AM   #17
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

I'm going to take a stab at this. Time to start really studying up for college football (I have to kick Bearcatboy's a$$ again in Pick 5).

UCLA (A) - L
Miami OH (N) - W
Alabama A&M (H) - W
Ohio (H) - L
UConn (A) - W
Tulane (H) - W
Temple (A) - W
SMU (A) - L
Navy (H) - L
USF (H) - L
UCF (A) - L
ECU (H) - W (This could be a good last game should we be 1 W shy of a bowl berth)

Overall: 6-6

The stretch from at Temple to at UCF could be rough.

I wonder if going 2-0 vs Miami and Ohio will be the key for us making a bowl. I have no idea what to expect from the team. They should be better. But does that mean they'll win on the road in conference? Who knows. The past few years have been pretty rough. Let's get back in a bowl.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:10 PM   #18
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
APOLOGY

I would like to apologize for sticking by TT when things were going south. I could not believe a man with the experience he brought to the table would not know beans from apple butter. Obviously Coach Fickell is the man for the job based upon his recruiting and Ohio ties. I have come to my senses and miss TT like a toothache.
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 03:16 PM   #19
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Sounds like Ross Trail is transferring.
Happy trails.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:23 PM   #20
jacobkdoyle