Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2015 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-19-2015, 10:13 PM   #11
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmbearcat View Post
Chad Brendel ‏@ChadBrendel 19m19 minutes ago

Cincinnati official visits for SIU transfer Jordan Caroline and 2015 post Ebuka Izundu are complete. Stay tuned to @BearcatJournal for info.
Can anyone whom is a member let us know how things went?

Kidding, just kidding guys. Couldn't resist
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:30 PM   #12
jds513

jds513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Can anyone whom is a member let us know how things went?

Kidding, just kidding guys. Couldn't resist
Commitments from both. That's what it seems to be.

KIDDING.... Or am I?
jds513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:39 AM   #13
KJ's#1Supporter

KJ's#1Supporter is on a distinguished road
I'm a little confused about why we'd want him. He'd sit out and come in as a soph when Clark, Moore, and Scott are all JR and SO. Is Moore going to move to the 5 to play alongside Clark as JR or something? Is Scott really going to be plugged in at the 3 as a soph with those guys? Just looks on paper like that'd be just sticking guys wherever to make it work. And what if we get another C signed or Evans plays the 3? Does that create a log-jam backing up Clark? I keep seeing him listed at 6'6" on any recruiting pages. SIU was #278 in the RPI and he's undersized and averaged 9 points. Idk. He wasn't known recruiting-wise, even as an NFL player's son. Then 9 pts for a 6'6"-6'7" PF on a terrible team? How is that UC material? I feel like if we got this guy, we'd still be in need of a big. I don't quite feel that way with Izundu. I'm sure we'll bring in another big for 2016 bc of what we lose, so I guess we just better get an awesome C at some point (Ward).

Last edited by KJ's#1Supporter; 04-20-2015 at 09:47 AM.
KJ's#1Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:05 AM   #14
KJ's#1Supporter

I guess if we bring in a PF, I just want it to be someone who could be the only big out there with Clark in a pinch. Like Washington is 6'8" and played 2 years in the ACC. That'd be fine. I don't want UC to take the "diamond in the rough" strategy any further. We get enough of those through HS and Juco. No need to start bringing that into the transfer business as well. But I'm sure the staff will probably view it as the redshirt year some of the other guys never got. Caroline just isn't the right guy imo. I'm sure he's tough and a good rebounder and all that, but Eric Hicks he is not.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:07 AM   #15
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ's#1Supporter View Post
I'm a little confused about why we'd want him. He'd sit out and come in as a soph when Clark, Moore, and Scott are all JR and SO. Is Moore going to move to the 5 to play alongside Clark as JR or something? Is Scott really going to be plugged in at the 3 as a soph with those guys? Just looks on paper like that'd be just sticking guys wherever to make it work. And what if we get another C signed or Evans plays the 3? Does that create a log-jam backing up Clark? I keep seeing him listed at 6'6" on any recruiting pages. SIU was #278 in the RPI and he's undersized and averaged 9 points. Idk. He wasn't known recruiting-wise, even as an NFL player's son. Then 9 pts for a 6'6"-6'7" PF on a terrible team? How is that UC material? I feel like if we got this guy, we'd still be in need of a big. I don't quite feel that way with Izundu. I'm sure we'll bring in another big for 2016 bc of what we lose, so I guess we just better get an awesome C at some point (Ward).
Caroline to me is one of our "lower-tier" prospects. Nothing I've read about him really excites me. Granted, I've never seen him play (other than brief YouTube clips), so my opinion could be off, but I think we'd be a lot happier with guys like Izundu and Rowsey.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:04 AM   #16
IABearcat

IABearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ's#1Supporter View Post
Aren't you the on saying we need to use all of our scholarships? When you use all of them its not going to be possible to get everyone minutes. If this is a guy who would come in and be fine as a role player I would gladly take him. A guy who can come off the bench for 5-10 minutes a game and crash the boards hard sounds like a guy who fits right in.
IABearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:35 AM   #17
KJ's#1Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IABearcat View Post
Aren't you the on saying we need to use all of our scholarships? When you use all of them its not going to be possible to get everyone minutes. If this is a guy who would come in and be fine as a role player I would gladly take him. A guy who can come off the bench for 5-10 minutes a game and crash the boards hard sounds like a guy who fits right in.
Yeah I do want to use all the scholarships. I just figured if we went with the big guy transfer, we'd be looking at guys at 6'9" or bigger (or at least guys who at worst could spend 5-10 minutes at the 5 in a bind), since we'd be trying fill the void of Ellis and DeBerry. Hard to believe we'd be that desperate with 2 scholarships to fill and the number of players still available.

Last edited by KJ's#1Supporter; 04-20-2015 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:49 AM   #18
KJ's#1Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IABearcat View Post
You can find a juco to give you what you're talking about, and that's a 2 year commitment. This guy would be a 4 year deal.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:56 AM   #19
mdx

mdx is on a distinguished road
Seen him play a lot. Yeah, just 6'6" or 6'7", but plays way bigger. Really bulky/strong, mad hops. Have seen him throw down 360s, through-the-legs, and windmill dunks in practice. Plus lots of room to develop. If Cronin can help him develop a jumper he can be really good. Without a jumper he's still a good defensive player who will get some buckets and have some exciting dunks. Plus, second on his team in scoring(and the only guy ahead of him played almost 10 mins more than him) and first on his team in rebounding.
mdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:41 AM   #20
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdx View Post
Seen him play a lot. Yeah, just 6'6" or 6'7", but plays way bigger. Really bulky/strong, mad hops. Have seen him throw down 360s, through-the-legs, and windmill dunks in practice. Plus lots of room to develop. If Cronin can help him develop a jumper he can be really good. Without a jumper he's still a good defensive player who will get some buckets and have some exciting dunks. Plus, second on his team in scoring(and the only guy ahead of him played almost 10 mins more than him) and first on his team in rebounding.
Plus he played big boy high school ball
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote