Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #51
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Seriously? This is a thread? And some of the comments have been ridiculous.

Wow, way to go Bearcat fans.

Screw St. Johns and their entire recruiting class. I don't care about them in the least, except for the fact I hope that they finish below us in the conference standings. But this thread is just childish and stupid. And yet the same people that said some of my early comments about not wanting St. Johns and their recruits to succeed as "not classy" are sure going all out here to look like jerks. well done.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #52
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Seriously? This is a thread? And some of the comments have been ridiculous.

Wow, way to go Bearcat fans.

Screw St. Johns and their entire recruiting class. I don't care about them in the least, except for the fact I hope that they finish below us in the conference standings. But this thread is just childish and stupid. And yet the same people that said some of my early comments about not wanting St. Johns and their recruits to succeed as "not classy" are sure going all out here to look like jerks. well done.
So wrong on every point
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #53
cincycpaw
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatMick View Post
So wrong on every point
Thank you. You being one of the worst posters here I take this as a great compliment.

This place is becoming a little boys club.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #54
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thank you. You being one of the worst posters here I take this as a great compliment.

I'm trying to think who is worse than BeatcatMick...
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #55
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Wrong again. Have you ever been right about anything? I hope you Become an sju or x fan. You'd fit right in
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #56
cincycpaw
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
I'm trying to think who is worse than BeatcatMick...
Good call.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #57
nparker1
Elite Member

nparker1 is on a distinguished road
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...han-you-think/

Not a fan of having this thread on a UC board, but thought this was an interesting article...I consider myself to be a pretty knowledgeable of college bball, but I was unaware of Dunlap's reputation...it will be interesting to see if his absence has a great effect...I relate Lavin's coaching style to Huggins'...Huggs, despite not being the greatest play caller, won games on the talent he continuously recruited and signed...I think the same will be for Lavin...we would ignorant fans to say that SJU's recruits will not make SJU a tough competitor and that Lavin will not have any success...reading this article was interesting to see the implications that could result in losing an assistant...I do not care about comparing Cronin to Lavin....I am confident in Cronin to lead the Bearcats, as I am sure SJU fans are in Lavin...One thing we know, Cronin most likely will never land the caliber of Dunlap as an assistant...so as UC fans, we should really feel fortunate to have Cronin at the helm...

Go Bearcats!
nparker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #58
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nparker1 View Post
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...han-you-think/

Not a fan of having this thread on a UC board, but thought this was an interesting article...I consider myself to be a pretty knowledgeable of college bball, but I was unaware of Dunlap's reputation...it will be interesting to see if his absence has a great effect...I relate Lavin's coaching style to Huggins'...Huggs, despite not being the greatest play caller, won games on the talent he continuously recruited and signed...I think the same will be for Lavin...we would ignorant fans to say that SJU's recruits will not make SJU a tough competitor and that Lavin will not have any success...reading this article was interesting to see the implications that could result in losing an assistant...I do not care about comparing Cronin to Lavin....I am confident in Cronin to lead the Bearcats, as I am sure SJU fans are in Lavin...One thing we know, Cronin most likely will never land the caliber of Dunlap as an assistant...so as UC fans, we should really feel fortunate to have Cronin at the helm...

Go Bearcats!
I'd have to disagree. I always thought Huggs was more known for taking lesser talent and getting the most out of them. That would be the anti-Lavin I think.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #59
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucdave View Post
I'd have to disagree. I always thought Huggs was more known for taking lesser talent and getting the most out of them. That would be the anti-Lavin I think.
I agree. Huggs took borderline players and made them great.

Lavin can't make borderline players great, but he is a topnotch recruiter and he gets the talent and basically lets them do whatever they want and hopes that talent rules because his coaching is subpar.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote