Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #11
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
All this board needs is SWG back.

Also, why would you guys want to ban the smartest college basketball poster here? I am the Back2Back bearcattalk NCAA tournament challenge champion.

"You better answer my texts or your banned."-Thegreatone
Old 05-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #12
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the feedback fellas, except for LivingLegend who may be on his way out.

KC, Ralph, Mick.... There is a common theme here.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #13
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley Court View Post
There is a smack board? Please tell me which board that is, I haven't found it.
I thought there was, guess not. My bad. I think it would be time to create one for those interested in talking smack. I'm not one of those people. I don't see the benefit in visiting other teams' boards that I do not root for and in some cases, despise. But... to each their own. There just has to be a proper place for it, imo.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #14
Hicks' Guns

Hicks' Guns is on a distinguished road
I started posting in the first Marquette board of this year. I really like it. Great to see varying views of opinion that have changed mine in some instances.

Other than general Bearcats banter, I would say that I come here for recruiting and other inside information. The recruiting info is great and any frustration simply comes from Obekpa not making a decision. I do wish we would have been able to get more info on the latest Ellis situation. It seems like people knew about it but weren't saying anything. But that'st just one small example.

Have to echo the statements that a few posters on here seem to just be playing a role at all costs and posting to get a rise out of people. Ralph's posts might as well just say the same thing every time: "The Bearcats are the best. They never do anything wrong and whatever the issue is, no matter how ridiculous, the Bearcats are not at fault and will unreasonably succeed on every level." It's old.

Bearcat Mick is Ralph's second account.

Kingsley Court must have been on a hiatus for awhile. He's a huge toolbox and at least Ralph/Mick are in support of something.

I basically don't read their posts anymore since they bring nothing to the table. When a thread has a post by these three, it is indeed annoying to have to figure out what other posters are replying to their nonsense...and who is providing good quality information.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #15
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks' Guns View Post
I basically don't read their posts anymore since they bring nothing to the table. When a thread has a post by these three, it is indeed annoying to have to figure out what other posters are replying to their nonsense...and who is providing good quality information.
The problem here is, every single poster agrees on everything. For example, everyone believed that nothing would come from the bouncer incident, and everyone jumped all over the bouncer right away. Everyone thought the bouncer was just looking for a story, making it up. Then, the truth comes out and a player is kicked off the team.

Because everyone here agrees on everything, most threads last about a page or two TOPS. There is nothing else to be said, because then you are just saying the same thing over and over again.

Oh, also, I am the back to back champion on this board, you should really read what I have to say. I know my college basketball.

"You better answer my texts or your banned."-Thegreatone
Old 05-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #16
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
The problem here is, every single poster agrees on everything. For example, everyone believed that nothing would come from the bouncer incident, and everyone jumped all over the bouncer right away. Everyone thought the bouncer was just looking for a story, making it up. Then, the truth comes out and a player is kicked off the team.

Because everyone here agrees on everything, most threads last about a page or two TOPS. There is nothing else to be said, because then you are just saying the same thing over and over again.

Oh, also, I am the back to back champion on this board, you should really read what I have to say. I know my college basketball.
You can provide you input. You can do it in a way that is easy to respond too and not looking just to get a rise or you will go to the land of charlesbarkley2
Old 05-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #17
Ran513

Ran513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

This is a problem, why is this ok, seriously f'ing annoying.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #18
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
I think the thing this board needs most is keeping threads on track. I have no problem with a fan of another team posting, it's just those like KC derail every thread to some smack talk or off topic. It totally ruins the good discussion that was going on based on the topic. If he just wants to talk trash create a trash talking thread. I love the info and the insight on this board but posts like KC's that derail threads totally and sometimes Ralph and Mick do the same.

All 3 of their games get tired after a while. I come here to get good bearcat info, and talk UC, not argue which team in the city has the bigger........

Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #19
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
The board is fine. This is a non issue
Old 05-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #20
Lobot

Lobot will become famous soon enough
Personally I think the board needs more discussion threads on knock off designer handbags from China.

Seriously guys if your worst problems are KCourt and Ralph(x2) then the board is running pretty smoothly IMO. I've been there and seen way worse at BCN.