Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
St Johns Bball

Keep it here. If it goes off this page and into other good threads we will close them or ban people.

For fun I looked at the past couple years of St Johns bball. Yikes.

13-19 two out of the past three years....

The one "good" year they lost in the opening round to Gonzaga by 15.

Before that they were 16-18 and 16-17 with terrible Big East records.

Now I understand why landing one recruit that others backed off from is the highlight of your fanbase.

Have fun....
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
NYC baller

NYC baller is on a distinguished road
You wanted to stop the bickering about recruiting on other threads .. So you start a new thread off by bashing St. John's?? What kind of flaming moderator are you? I'm not posting on this thread and hopefully other posters of both schools don't either. Smh.
NYC baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
DLo3Lo

DLo3Lo is on a distinguished road
Sju fan

Stjohns fan here. Listen, your right about our past years. But in the Lavin era. Lavin took a team of seniors and got to March. Sure we lost in 1st round, but one of our best players DJ Kennedy (now playing for Cavaliers) tore his ACL in BE tourney. That hurt our team and our seeding. Secondly, last year, You all forget our whole team was freshman and Lavin was out with cancer. Obekpa isn't what we are so proud of, he topped off a recruiting class that needed one more big. Jakarr Sampson, top 100 player in 2011 recruiting. Took a year of prep, now putting on the red and white. Jamal Branch. Top 50 player from 2011 Recruiting class. Eligible in December. I could keep going about the JUCO players we got as well. We have the top SG in the conference in D'Angelo Harrisson. (Don't agree with me? Just wait). We are not an NIT team this year we are going dancing and the only reason you started this pathetic post about our past, is because your scared. Red Storm. We coming!
DLo3Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC baller View Post
You wanted to stop the bickering about recruiting on other threads .. So you start a new thread off by bashing St. John's?? What kind of flaming moderator are you? I'm not posting on this thread and hopefully other posters of both schools don't either. Smh.
First of all, why is he flaming? Do you have a problem with gay people?

Second, you don't have to post here, you know. I am sure you can find some kind of St. John's board to post on. Well, maybe not. Regardless, this is a UC message board and Thegreatone is giving one thread to talk about St. John's BBall since there are a lot of new St. John's posters that want to make every thread about St. John's. Be happy you have some place to talk about your crappy team.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLo3Lo View Post
Stjohns fan here. Listen, your right about our past years. But in the Lavin era. Lavin took a team of seniors and got to March. Sure we lost in 1st round, but one of our best players DJ Kennedy (now playing for Cavaliers) tore his ACL in BE tourney. That hurt our team and our seeding. Secondly, last year, You all forget our whole team was freshman and Lavin was out with cancer. Obekpa isn't what we are so proud of, he topped off a recruiting class that needed one more big. Jakarr Sampson, top 100 player in 2011 recruiting. Took a year of prep, now putting on the red and white. Jamal Branch. Top 50 player from 2011 Recruiting class. Eligible in December. I could keep going about the JUCO players we got as well. We have the top SG in the conference in D'Angelo Harrisson. (Don't agree with me? Just wait). We are not an NIT team this year we are going dancing and the only reason you started this pathetic post about our past, is because your scared. Red Storm. We coming!
St. John's has never crossed the mind of a UC fan until all these St. John's posters started showing up here. We don't concern ourselves with bottom feeders in the Big East. We are concerned with beating good teams like UL, Marquette, Syracuse, Georgetown, etc.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
The Met

The Met is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post

Second, you don't have to post here, you know. I am sure you can find some kind of St. John's board to post on. Well, maybe not. Regardless, this is a UC message board and Thegreatone is giving one thread to talk about St. John's BBall since there are a lot of new St. John's posters that want to make every thread about St. John's. Be happy you have some place to talk about your crappy team.
Fine job the the mods on this site. Mighty, mighty fine job!

By the way....

www.redmen.com
www.johnnyjungle.com
The Met is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
JasonS
Football Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Met View Post
Fine job the the mods on this site. Mighty, mighty fine job!

By the way....

www.redmen.com
www.johnnyjungle.com
Then why are you here?
Old 06-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
NYC baller

NYC baller is on a distinguished road
Quote:

This is my last message on this board. Thank you bearcatjeff and all the other nice posters I have interacted with.... Flaming is a term for someone who starts trouble . Trolling if you will. It comes from " flaming the fire". I have nothing against gay people whatsoever .. You on the other hand I do. This thread I'm sure will spiral out of control.. But a certain moderator here chose to start it , instead of being responsible and ending it. Good luck on your season Bearcat fans. Take care.
NYC baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #9
DLo3Lo

DLo3Lo is on a distinguished road
I'm done trying to tell you that we are on the rise... We will show you. Can't wait to beat you next year. Goodbye bearcat board.... Try not to get in any bar fights or brawls
DLo3Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #10
The Met

The Met is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Then why are you here?
Figure it out.

This is also my final post on here. To all of the reasonable and sound posters on this site.... Kudos!
The Met is offline   Reply With Quote