Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #21
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PakMan View Post
Yeah I gotta tell you, you're wrong about Bobbitt. One of the nicest guys around campus back when I was there, and not arrogant at all. He was confident about his jumpshot for sure...but not arrogant as a person. I used to ref intramural games back then and he would literally spend hours watching games and commentating, and would put on crazy shooting displays in between games. He's one of my favorites all time.

Least favorite...not even close....Armein Kirkland...frustrating to watch, ******* personality, and even had that annoying mustache that drove me crazy.
Cool man. Like I said, its an impression I got 10 years ago. Not saying its true, just annoyed me a little bit back then. Again, admittedly not fact; just opinion...
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #22
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks' Guns View Post
Dude. Kenny Satterfield was nasty and a key player for us.

Gotta be Donald Little. That guy was terrible even before he strapped his roommate to a chair and tortured him.
mick always says that satterfield was pound for pound the toughest player he has ever coached. also references on his radio show a lot of times (when talking about cashmere needed to become a floor leader), how even though he was a freshman, he was the floor leader as a freshman (not team leader) on the 99-2000 team.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #23
dp3113
Elite Member

Quote:
Yeah I gotta tell you, you're wrong about Bobbitt. One of the nicest guys around campus back when I was there, and not arrogant at all. He was confident about his jumpshot for sure...but not arrogant as a person. I used to ref intramural games back then and he would literally spend hours watching games and commentating, and would put on crazy shooting displays in between games. He's one of my favorites all time.

Least favorite...not even close....Armein Kirkland...frustrating to watch, ******* personality, and even had that annoying mustache that drove me crazy.
dude there is no right or wrong answer about what his opinion is of bobbitt. its his opinion and its not objectively wrong. for every player that has been on this team ever, i am sure there is at least one fan who has had a positive experience with them and at least one who has had a negative experience with them. tony bobbitt totally blew me off when i was a 16 year and acting like a 16 year old does and actually thinking it was cool to be able to say i talked to a player. who cares though? I'm sure he is a fine dude but it doesn't mean someones opinion is wrong. its an opinion.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:24 AM   #24
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Don't have a least favorite but was most frustrated by Yancy. So much unfulfilled potential becase he never realized he was an athletic, 260 lb. beast, who could have ruled the inside if he had only played there.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #25
PakMan

PakMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3113 View Post
dude there is no right or wrong answer about what his opinion is of bobbitt. its his opinion and its not objectively wrong. for every player that has been on this team ever, i am sure there is at least one fan who has had a positive experience with them and at least one who has had a negative experience with them. tony bobbitt totally blew me off when i was a 16 year and acting like a 16 year old does and actually thinking it was cool to be able to say i talked to a player. who cares though? I'm sure he is a fine dude but it doesn't mean someones opinion is wrong. its an opinion.
I'm only responding because I literally just gave a talk on this yesterday...and I like to pick nits : )

An opinion is an interpretation of FACTS. It can be subjective, but has to be based on some element of fact, otherwise it is a guess or a feeling. Your experience of getting blown off by Bobbitt, for example, WOULD qualify as an opinion since you have an experience to base it on.

But Schneids' first comment was that Bobbitt "came across as extremely arrogant..." is just a subjective feeling, so I was disputing that aspect of it. It wasn't an attempt to change whether he disliked him...of course he's entitled to feel however he wants.

Hope the distinction is clear.
PakMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #26
PakMan

PakMan is on a distinguished road
Ibrahima Thomas drove me pretty crazy too.
PakMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #27
dp3113
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Don't have a least favorite but was most frustrated by Yancy. So much unfulfilled potential becase he never realized he was an athletic, 260 lb. beast, who could have ruled the inside if he had only played there.
theres is a reason someone his size doesn't get drafted
Old 06-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #28
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Ron Allen
Old 07-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #29
Flanntastic

Flanntastic is on a distinguished road
Kirkland, I always thought he seemed pompous

and Huggins last years he had a SF named Crawford, you was a great defender, but on offense it was like we were playing with 4 guys, I always hated him since he couldn't score a point, and with huggins we needed all the offense we could get
Flanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #30
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm only responding because I literally just gave a talk on this yesterday...and I like to pick nits : )

An opinion is an interpretation of FACTS. It can be subjective, but has to be based on some element of fact, otherwise it is a guess or a feeling. Your experience of getting blown off by Bobbitt, for example, WOULD qualify as an opinion since you have an experience to base it on.

But Schneids' first comment was that Bobbitt "came across as extremely arrogant..." is just a subjective feeling, so I was disputing that aspect of it. It wasn't an attempt to change whether he disliked him...of course he's entitled to feel however he wants.

Hope the distinction is clear.
since when does an opinion have to be based on facts? based on strict definition an opinion can be nothing more than a personal view.

o·pin·ion
noun
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
4. Law . the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.
6. a favorable estimate; esteem: I haven't much of an opinion of him.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote