Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Im getting fired up for UC Football

September 6th is quickly approaching and the bearcats are almost back. I was watching highlights of the Vandy game the other day and forgot about how much fun that game was.

Offensively it will all come down to Munchie. We have all the peices around him to be successful. If he clicks we can be the best offense in the Big East. If he struggles then we will be in trouble.

I think our running game with be fine regardless. He is a good runner and with the three headed monster of Wynn, Poteat, and Abernathy we will be fine.

Receivers will be good too. Not losing much. DJ was solid but really didnt live up to the hype. Thompkins being a senior is nice. McClung could be poised for a big year. I am a huge Chisem fan. We will also have nice depth here. Kelsey at TE is solid too.

O line will be fairly young but all have had some experience and I think we will just fine. Bujnock (sp?) and Hooey will probably lead the crew.

I am excited about our D backs for the first time since Mickens was back there. Drane and Cheatam are solid IMO. Add Chris Williams and Drew Frey and I think we will be really setup nicely.

Linebacker makes me a little nervous. I really like Nick Temple but can he take on Logan Thomas one on one? I think LB is our biggest concern on D.

D-line will be strong on the outside. Giodoino (sp?) and Walter will be very strong on the DE's. I still like what Mills can bring. Question will be DT's.

If Munchie plays really well we can be Big East champs. If he doesnt we could end 4th or 5th in the Big East.

Fingers crossed.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
I will be satisfied if Cincinnati qualifies for a bowl this year (remember they need 7 wins this year to eligible). I really have little faith in Muchie coming in and being a very good QB. If he shocks us and plays that well, Cincinnati will once again be a factor for the Big East title. UC gets USF and Rutgers at home and plays at Louisville. Those are the three teams that should be pre-season picks ahead of UC, IMO.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Nice write up TheGreatOne. One wild card that may ease your concern at linebacker will be the FSU transfer at MLB. Hopefully he can contribute right away.

As nervous as I am for munchie at quarterback, I shudder to think how much more nervous I would be had he not gotten that experience last season when Zach went down. There were times last season he looked like he had no touch on the ball whatsoever. I think those were just nerves though and he should develop into a very nice player. I expect him to be solid this year (not great) but certainly not a liability; this should result with us being in contention for the championship in the mess that is Big East football.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
Nice write up TheGreatOne. One wild card that may ease your concern at linebacker will be the FSU transfer at MLB. Hopefully he can contribute right away.

As nervous as I am for munchie at quarterback, I shudder to think how much more nervous I would be had he not gotten that experience last season when Zach went down. There were times last season he looked like he had no touch on the ball whatsoever. I think those were just nerves though and he should develop into a very nice player. I expect him to be solid this year (not great) but certainly not a liability; this should result with us being in contention for the championship in the mess that is Big East football.
Luc has to sit out this season, unfortunately. He'll be eligible in 2013.

Any idea what ticket sales are looking like. Have GOT to sell out the home lineup outside of the two FCS teams.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
Gnomey

Gnomey is an unknown quantity at this point
We finally have a quarterback who is tall enough to throw to the tight ends and throw over the middle. The offensive line should be better, our blocking was kind of non-existent at times last year. We don't have Pead, but still have a power runner in Winn and someone who seems capable in Poteat. I'm really ticked at Akise Teague though. He could have been Isaiah Pead like in terms of his abilities, maybe even better. I think RDA IV can also fill in, though I look more forward to his returns on special teams. I don't know about the Juco back we're getting.

Defensively, linebacker core should be solid, line is going to be curious. I think Stewart and Giordano(sp?) should be pretty good. I think we'll be better against the pass, hopefully the coaching staff hasn't forgotten it's lesson from the Tennessee game and remains aggressive in it's blitz packages.

The Big East could be ours, but with so many unknowns, it's hard to say.
I think Chisum dropped a few easy passes that made me want to yank my hair out and so did Thompkins, but both are still pretty damn good.
You add to that Braxton Lane, who should still be quite fast and I feel very good about this recieving core. Overall, I think we'll be good. I'm not worried about being Bowl worthy, we'll be in a bowl game. The goal should be Big East champ, as it needs to be every year.
Gnomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
Luc has to sit out this season, unfortunately. He'll be eligible in 2013.

Any idea what ticket sales are looking like. Have GOT to sell out the home lineup outside of the two FCS teams.
You're right, my bad. Looks like were screwed at lb afterall haha.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
You're right, my bad. Looks like were screwed at lb afterall haha.
I am more concerned about DT than LB. Both have some depth issues for sure.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:42 AM   #8
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
About time to strap 'em up and head to Higher Ground... if Munchie puts it together this year I'm confident in the program's ability to reload and the winning culture that has been cultivated. No reason why this team cannot win another Big East title.

Ray Graham most likely won't be 100% for the season opener from what I've read. That's a positive going into the Pitt matchup
Old 08-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #9
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
About time to strap 'em up and head to Higher Ground... if Munchie puts it together this year I'm confident in the program's ability to reload and the winning culture that has been cultivated. No reason why this team cannot win another Big East title.

Ray Graham most likely won't be 100% for the season opener from what I've read. That's a positive going into the Pitt matchup
I agree 100%, can't wait for the season to start
Old 08-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #10
psax889906
Epic Member

Is it football season yet?!