Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2020, 09:27 AM   #141
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Its a bad year man. It happens. Look at North Carolina. It sucks, I get it’. The worst part is the rest of the season is pointless but maybe it would be a good idea for some of us to not care as much and find something else to do for a little while. Myself included.
Seriously I’ve become obsessed with becoming a better drummer. Normally this time of year, Im watching every college basketball game I can.

But the bright side is I’ve just stopped watching basketball except for UC games and I’ve found a whole bunch more time to do other stuff.

I had an unhealthy obsession with UC basketball and college basketball in general. So the bright side is that’s going away.

Lol I won’t even go to the AAC message board on CSNBBS. They all been waiting on the downfall of UC basketball.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:36 AM   #142
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDC View Post
Not sure where you're getting apathy from? I sense frustration with the fans being in a new territory of likely missing the tourney. I also see half the fan base is logical/realistic and recognize that the roster needs a ton of work and willing to give JB time - and the other half is pissed at JB for not getting squares to fit round holes.

you probably post 20-30 times a day between here and BCJ and who knows where else - that's not apathy

I post because it’s a habit I haven’t yet broken. And it’s a good way to fill time.

I was speaking about about my own apathy.

But I doubt we sell out a game the rest of the year. That’s apathy manifested into reality.

I doubt our next years season ticket sales are as high as this year and last year.

But for me personally, I took it personal when we lost games in the past. But I’m not even mad about Tulane. Lol I predicted it on BCJ straight up, most because I believe Ron hunter is a better coach.

So for me... wasn’t all that surprising.

I just hope UC basketball gives us something to cheer for soon.

2 years of bad basketball will gut fan sport. We’re fragile fans in cincinnati. We have nothing to cheer for that was consistent minus UC basketball and even then that failed in March.

The last 5 years saw UC regain It’s fan base back that manifested itself into nearly sold out home games every game. It wasn’t long ago that UC was pulling in just 5k fan in some games.

We need to regain our leadership atop of the AAC fast
Old 01-05-2020, 10:41 AM   #143
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Lol I’m getting closer to apathy

We’re a mid major program at this point in the season

Full blown apathy is when I don’t renew my season tickets next season. Which I’ll sell to you by the way so you can skip the waiting list.

For now I’m just looking for a back up team to root for since UC has crapped the bed 2 games into league play.

UC Basketball has ruined my favorite time of the year so I’m looking for a new hobby.
Really, we are a mid major program because we aren't having a great season? Talk about being a bit dramatic.

If close to apathy means posting several times a day on numerous message boards then I'd hate to see the fanatic come out in you.

ps - I have had season tickets for 10+ years so no waiting line for me, but thanks.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 01:04 PM   #144
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Really, we are a mid major program because we aren't having a great season? Talk about being a bit dramatic.

If close to apathy means posting several times a day on numerous message boards then I'd hate to see the fanatic come out in you.

ps - I have had season tickets for 10+ years so no waiting line for me, but thanks.

We’re having a mid major season that’s for sure.

We’re in the 7th best conference and aren’t going to finish top 6. I think this season is mid major.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:08 PM   #145
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We’re having a mid major season that’s for sure.

We’re in the 7th best conference and aren’t going to finish top 6. I think this season is mid major.
What does a mid-major season even mean? How bout a bad season? Is North Carolina having a mid-major season? I've never even heard that
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 02:27 PM   #146
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
What does a mid-major season even mean? How bout a bad season? Is North Carolina having a mid-major season? I've never even heard that
Considering that unc has a proven coach in an elite basketball conference with very recent March success, no they aren’t mid major.

I mean here is the huge gap between UC and a school like UCLA. When UC beat Tennessee and UConn, I didn’t hear a single mention of it on any of the national podcasts I listen to:

When UCLA, who’s been ever worse than UC, got a big late night win against Washington, it was all over Twitter from the national guys. The podcasts mentioned it too.

UC is the most irrelevant it’s been in years.

We aren’t in the polls, we aren’t being talked about, we aren’t in bracketology, we aren’t in the national discussion.

Say what you will, but UC was in the national discussion every year the last 5 years.

Epsn articles, podcasts, etc.

People don’t realize how razor thin our brand is. No one cares about UC basketball when it’s not winning. No one cares.

We could drop off the face of the earth and no one would notice.

We’re the frickin 4th best team in our own state in a non major conference.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:42 PM   #147
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Considering that unc has a proven coach in an elite basketball conference with very recent March success, no they aren’t mid major.

I mean here is the huge gap between UC and a school like UCLA. When UC beat Tennessee and UConn, I didn’t hear a single mention of it on any of the national podcasts I listen to:

When UCLA, who’s been ever worse than UC, got a big late night win against Washington, it was all over Twitter from the national guys. The podcasts mentioned it too.

We aren’t in the polls, we aren’t being talked about, we aren’t in bracketology, we aren’t in the national discussion.

Say what you will, but UC was in the national discussion every year the last 5 years.

People don’t realize how razor thin our brand is. No one cares about UC basketball when it’s not winning. No one cares.

Yes you have to win for people to care if you aren't UK, Duke, UCLA, Louisville, and a couple others. In football, they don't even care if we win. This isn't anything new. We've been in this position since we were in Conference USA. Have to build a winner. This seems to be a new concept to you.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:45 PM   #148
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:

The media doesn't even care about Houston and they went to the sweet 16 last year and are pretty good this year. We have to win. Hopefully he can. Not looking great so far.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:46 PM   #149
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
"mid major season" - lol. dude has officially gone off the cliff.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 02:56 PM   #150
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
"mid major season" - lol. dude has officially gone off the cliff.
He wants to win. We all do, but he's a little more dramatic about it. The main thing I disagree with him about is, he is fine with just being relevant and going to the tourney. I want to actually do something in the tournament. So I am fine with building something new. Could be a disaster, could work.