Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 02-07-2018, 09:20 PM   #1
Fullam33

Fullam33 is on a distinguished road
'18 MD F LaQuill Hardnett (Commit)

https://247sports.com/player/laquill-hardnett-46046896

LaQuill is a 6'8 Forward from Maryland. He will be visiting us February 18-20.
Fullam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:21 PM   #2
Fullam33

LaQuill is #1 for Perry Hall

https://youtu.be/XNbbhLj0YrE
Old 02-08-2018, 06:34 AM   #3
MacBearcat
Banned

MacBearcat is on a distinguished road
It's pathetic that a #6 program is going after 3 star recruits and guys not even ranked in the top 300
MacBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:46 AM   #4
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBearcat View Post
It's pathetic that a #6 program is going after 3 star recruits and guys not even ranked in the top 300
How much do you know about the kid or are you basing it strictly on his star rating?
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:16 AM   #5
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Considering the guy who coached and recruited the players who got us to this point seems to think he is worth offering. I'm trying to understand how that is pathetic.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:24 AM   #6
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Considering the guy who coached and recruited the players who got us to this point seems to think he is worth offering. I'm trying to understand how that is pathetic.
We have other guys that we have offered of recent that seems way more legit than this kid. That's the only thing I'm hung up on, but hey, I'm sitting in a cube Monday - Friday. Coaches know a million times more than me.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:28 AM   #7
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
We have other guys that we have offered of recent that seems way more legit than this kid. That's the only thing I'm hung up on, but hey, I'm sitting in a cube Monday - Friday. Coaches know a million times more than me.
Look at it this way if we are offering he must have value. Mick's is good at finding talent everyone else is over looking.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:47 AM   #8
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah it would really suck if he turned out like T Moore or Nsoseme...
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:49 AM   #9
Fullam33

I haven’t watched enough film to give much of an opinion on him yet. From what I’ve seen so far he’s tall, athletic, and has some perimeter skills. As far as rankings go I could care less. Mick and his staff have earned my trust enough that I know whoever they bring in is going to contribute and only get better. I think we’d all love the top recruits to come to Clifton but we don’t and I’m okay with that.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:58 AM   #10
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullam33 View Post
I haven’t watched enough film to give much of an opinion on him yet. From what I’ve seen so far he’s tall, athletic, and has some perimeter skills. As far as rankings go I could care less. Mick and his staff have earned my trust enough that I know whoever they bring in is going to contribute and only get better. I think we’d all love the top recruits to come to Clifton but we don’t and I’m okay with that.
Yeah I'm with you. Our staff knows what they want and they know how to turn over every rock to find it. It cracks me up when people want to use on the court success to finally get the recruits rolling in! Isn't that backwards? Lol. Doesn't on court success suggest that the recruits are already rolling in? You'd think people would learn after just having T Moore in the same situation last class. Very strange.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote