Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2018, 06:31 PM   #201
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Yeah I read that. That’s very interesting and extremly good news. We have all learned being a Bearcat fan we can’t always worry about what other schools were recruiting a guy (Trevor Moore) or worry about their rankings but with limited highlights on him and no huge scouting reports it’s nice to here some P5 schools were in on him late... You wonder if we weren’t it on him and Buffalo and mid major offers were all he had, Would he have waited to see if the Maryland type schools would offer.. Sounded like he had his mind made up due to our success and the relationship He had with Coach Jackson so he didn’t even care to consider others..

I’m excited. It seems hard to compare him to any previous Bearcat but it’s nice to hear he can handle it so well at 6’8” if we get a more offensive skilled commit next this class fits perfectly to what Cronin has been building

Frankie P or one of the offensive Jucos would be great

If Jake leaves would love to hold his scholarship for a transfer. With our past 2 transfer ins I never want to get away from going the transfer route.
I'll be really interested to see what we do this spring.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:32 PM   #202
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
From the (limited) amount I've seen, I prefer Hardnett over that Tyrese Haliburton kid we were briefly in on in the summer/fall. At worst it's a push.

Only have seen short clips of Hardnett though. The 6'8" part is extremely intriguing. We are really building a modern team. I love that.
His highlights that I have seen, he seems legit explosive athletically. Saw some good passing, and nice dunks. Had pretty decent form on his shot too. I know there's no way of knowing how he will translate to this level, but how has Cronin done this so many times?! Quadri was the last strike out, and he was one of the better rated recruits.
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:50 PM   #203
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Seems like a nice kid, team chemistry and very refreshing compared to what is going on with the power 5 programs.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:01 PM   #204
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
Seems like a nice kid, team chemistry and very refreshing compared to what is going on with the power 5 programs.
From what I have seen, high major athleticism, Elite passer, solid looking shot, however everything seems to point to him being more of an offensive guy right now. Could you imagine him playing point. There only negatives I seen it the short videos on him is his defense, but you know Cronin can coach him up in that aspect. Hard to compare him, but how about a tre Scott and armein Kirkland mixture. Glad to see a commitment. Next one will be very important also. Go Bearcats.....
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:06 PM   #205
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah I read that. That’s very interesting and extremly good news. We have all learned being a Bearcat fan we can’t always worry about what other schools were recruiting a guy (Trevor Moore) or worry about their rankings but with limited highlights on him and no huge scouting reports it’s nice to here some P5 schools were in on him late... You wonder if we weren’t it on him and Buffalo and mid major offers were all he had, Would he have waited to see if the Maryland type schools would offer.. Sounded like he had his mind made up due to our success and the relationship He had with Coach Jackson so he didn’t even care to consider others..

I’m excited. It seems hard to compare him to any previous Bearcat but it’s nice to hear he can handle it so well at 6’8” if we get a more offensive skilled commit next this class fits perfectly to what Cronin has been building

Frankie P or one of the offensive Jucos would be great

If Jake leaves would love to hold his scholarship for a transfer. With our past 2 transfer ins I never want to get away from going the transfer route.
Do you guys think now with him committing it pushes us out of needing Frankie. Got a handful of guys in that 6-8 range. My guess is they go hard after Wendall Mitchell and or center with some scoring prowess. But a transfer wouldn't upset me at all, definitely done well with them. Hell yes.....
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:33 PM   #206
Grgbartell@yahoo.com

Grgbartell@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense first View Post
Do you guys think now with him committing it pushes us out of needing Frankie. Got a handful of guys in that 6-8 range. My guess is they go hard after Wendall Mitchell and or center with some scoring prowess. But a transfer wouldn't upset me at all, definitely done well with them. Hell yes.....
Excited to see this. Looks like a solid get for us. Would love to land a big man for that final spot. But don’t want a project.
Grgbartell@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:40 PM   #207
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

@ChadBrendel
New #Bearcat commit Laquill Hardnett with the steal to set up the game winner. https://t.co/d6ITmo7Mko
Old 02-26-2018, 08:41 PM   #208
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
@ChadBrendel
New #Bearcat commit Laquill Hardnett with the steal to set up the game winner. https://t.co/d6ITmo7Mko
What a special night for him!
Old 02-26-2018, 09:19 PM   #209
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense first View Post
Yeah it could be anyone from all I know. I just hope who ever we get can shoot the 3 we are losing three 40% 3 pt shooters next year from this years team
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:50 PM   #210
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Yeah it could be anyone from all I know. I just hope who ever we get can shoot the 3 we are losing three 40% 3 pt shooters next year from this years team
If I had to bet, I'd say Evans stays.

Clark and Washington combine for about 3 attempts per game.

I'd take a shooter too but I don't think it's a giant concern bc of those guys. That Mahan kid seemed interesting. I wonder what the deal is there.