Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles

Old 07-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
'13 NY PF Jermaine Lawrence (Commit)

Power forward
Oakland Gardens, New York
Cardozo
Ht:6'8"
Wt:180 lbs
Class:2013 (High School)

TheRecruitScoopAlex Kline
Jermaine Lawrence lists Louisville, V-Tech, Cincinnati, Hofstra, Fordham, Syracuse, Florida, Miami, Iowa State, Iowa, Nova, WVU & Dayton.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Talk about a skinny guy...
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline St. John's, Syracuse & Marist watched Jermaine Lawrence '13 at HGElite , while Cincinnati & others will watch him play later.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

TheRecruitScoop My feature on Jermaine Lawrence, a 2013 from New York, who has six offers & is ready for more - http://bit.ly/pfSVhP
Old 08-21-2011, 07:18 AM   #5
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Bayside Cardozo rising junior (Class of 2013) Jermaine Lawrence is a player full of potential. The 6-foot-8 1/2, 192-pound forward is a high-riser of an athlete but also shows a deft touch from the perimeter beyond the three-point line. His game reminds many onlookers of another past star that game through Ron Naclerio’s program, current Syracuse forward James Southerland.

Still there is almost an unknown quantity to Lawrence who does not travel the country on a high-profile AAU team, spending most of his time playing for the Positive Direction program. As one of the stand-out performers at the Hoop Group Elite Session I Camp in Reading (PA) to kick off the July evaluation period last month his recruitment has kicked up another notch in the weeks since.

“Georgetown and Xavier have most recently showed interest,” said Lawrence.

It has been a strong summer for Lawrence even though many might not have known it. He recounted some of his highlights that he will remember most, including a strong performance in the recent Franchise Classic All-Star contest.

“Five Star Camp in June being awarded the “Top Rebounder” medal,” Lawrence listed as one of his high points of the summer season. “[Also], the Franchise Classic I rebounded wel,l had 10 points, two nice dunks and defended Shaq Goodwin. Playing at that level gave me the best perspective on the talent out there and that’s the level of competition I can display my own abilities.”

Lawrence is also blessed to be under the tutelage of one of the best teachers around New York City of the game of basketball, Cardozo head coach Ron Naclerio. The long-time basketball coach of the Judges continues to work with Lawrence in improving his overall game and consistency. Lawrence is also working at improving his physical condition to get stronger for his college career.

“I’ve been working out with Explosive Hoops and [have] gotten bigger and stronger, and drills with Coach Naclerio working on my left hand [especially],” he said.

In the first few days after coaches were allowed to contact Class of 2013 prospects by phone Lawrence saw his phone number dialed often by college programs. Cincinnati, Kansas State, Syracuse, Villanova, Florida, Virginia Tech, Rutgers and others were mentioned by him to NBE shortly after the June 15th date. Other BIG EAST schools such as St. John’s and Louisville have also been involved. Lawrence is planning to visit a few of the BIG EAST schools involved in his recruitment in the near future.

“I have Rutgers, Syracuse and St. John’s to visit in the coming weeks,” he said.

Even with the interest, offers and upcoming visits, Lawrence does not have a list of schools formed that he is considering. Furthermore he explained that it was too early in the process to pinpoint any schools that are in any way leading in the recruiting process. He still plans to let the recruiting process play out for another year and take into consideration several factors when making the ultimate decision.

“I’ll make a decision on a school closer to senior year,” he said. “The factors [are] sitting down with my [and] family reviewing everything the schools had to offer. How I felt from the visits and what the coaching staff is like.”

NBE will continue to follow the progress of Jermaine Lawrence as he hopes to lead Cardozo to a PSAL championship this coming season. We will also keep a close eye on his recruitment as this intriguing prospect is certain to be watched by many high-major programs in the coming months.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011...-a-few-visits/
Old 10-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
RT @NYPost_Brazille: Florida, Georgetown, St. John's, Cincinnati, Rutgers, Marquette, Xavier & Villanova watching Jermaine Lawrence '13.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Jermaine Lawrence (Brooklyn, N.Y./Cardoza)
2013, PF, 6-foot-8, 220 pounds
He is an athletic power forward who has a great motor and is very active blocking shots, rebounding and scoring. Lawrence is the type of player every team would love to have because he does not need the ball to score and his skill set can fit in any scheme. Overall, look for him to be one of the most highly-recruited big men in the 2013 class on the East Coast.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-s...new-york-recap
Old 10-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #8
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Jermaine Lawrence scored a lot of his points in the second half, mostly off of put-back dunks and follow-ups. During one of his five minute stints, he was all over the boards, grabbing missed shots and going up strong for easy buckets. Lawrence is still relatively raw but will be one of the best juniors in the city. He just has a knack for being around the ball. Lawrence finished with 16 points.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1282803
Old 10-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #9
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

"I remember two years ago he had no chance of doing anything with his left hand," Naclerio said. "Now he's making moves around the rim with his left hand. He's putting it down. If he can continue to do that...I think the sky's the limit."

Lawrence holds offers from a slew of Big East, ACC, SEC and Big 12 schools, including Florida, St. John's, Rutgers, Cincinnati, Providence, Virginia Tech, Kansas State, Hofstra and Fordham. He recently attended St. John's Midnight Madness.

http://fivestarbasketball.com/articl...-turning-heads
Old 12-02-2011, 05:33 AM   #10
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
2013 Cardozo (NY) forward Jermaine Lawrence had 20 points & 14 rebounds in a season opening win tonight.