Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2015 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2015, 10:09 PM   #71
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
That is true, he's turned down programs that can offer him more than we can though (Illinois) I don't know any other coach that could do as good as mick has, that would want to stay at uc over a higher paid/ better opportunity.
63 power five schools then there is the new big east and Mick is the 28th highest paid coach in the country. I think we could attract someone.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:47 PM   #72
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Stop making something out of nothing, you are a mod, there's absolutely no reason for a nonsense post like this. You are suppose to be the one keeping the peace not fueling the fire when there was never a fire in the first place.
Who says mods can't post their opinions. He isn't a judge. he's speaking his opinion just like you.
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:51 PM   #73
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
And why be negative when there is so much positive going on. Do not get it.
Not at moment. We had zero returning player average 10pg. We lost at HOME to bottom feeder conference team. What's positive? Preseason ranking in top 20? Lol, funny when them same websites rank our recruiting class they don't know what their talking about. I really don't care who we get just get them in program for we can start development.
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:22 AM   #74
ccmbearcat

ccmbearcat is on a distinguished road
I know this is out of place on this thread, but does anybody have any new info on Kyle Washington?
ccmbearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:16 AM   #75
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
Not at moment. We had zero returning player average 10pg. We lost at HOME to bottom feeder conference team. What's positive? Preseason ranking in top 20? Lol, funny when them same websites rank our recruiting class they don't know what their talking about. I really don't care who we get just get them in program for we can start development.
I guess the glass is half full for me and half empty for others.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:35 PM   #76
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
I guess the glass is half full for me and half empty for others.
I'm with you in the half full side.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:42 PM   #77
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I'm with you in the half full side.
Certainly half full....and waiting to see the other half get filled. No one is happy with half full or half empty.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:47 PM   #78
ccmbearcat

ccmbearcat is on a distinguished road
Can we rename this the "Mick is a no good communist dog killing midget who can't coach" thread and please start a new thread on Kyle Washington?
ccmbearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:52 AM   #79
REB4cats

REB4cats is on a distinguished road
Seriously I keep hoping there is new info but people are just complaining. I think this team without he three new guys will be good. Adding the current recruits they could be great. Another big would be nice but I am not worried. We want the RIGHT guys for this program not just highly rated ones.
REB4cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:07 AM   #80
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I think we just need to keep it all in perspective. I think we need a little higher caliber recruit to become a contender on a regular basis. That being said Mick is pretty good at finding productive players (outside of the top recruits) and getting a lot out of them.

I haven't been this excited for a season to start in a long while so I think we are headed in the right direction. We need a legitimate contender year to help with landing top recruits. Because of what we are loosing at the 5 I think we need that to happen this year.

If we can't make some noise this year and have that translate to recruiting...I will be officially concerned for our future under Cronin. But I'm not quite there yet because I see the potential with this particular team. If we can get some immediate help for recruiting by having a great year I think it will get a little easier as we move toward renovating the arena...and potentially find a new home in a power conference.

This is a very important year IMO...to gain some momentum prior to those other (potential) things happening. It could snow ball...and it could fizzle out.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote