Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-19-2021, 08:56 AM   #181
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
So we losing our 4 most athletic players, dou/Keith/Harvey/Tari. You add Davenport to this group that’s a lot of length to press. I’ll take those 5 over any team starting 5 in American
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:15 AM   #182
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Seems like we are a long shot to get Tari back.... LSU seems to be leading at the moment .... so no he wasn’t homesick either haha
Yea none of our guys were home sick.

Most liked UC just not the coach.

That said, I want Tari back. But I do think he is still 2 years away from being a star player as his feel for the game is still growing and his handles maybe worse than octavious Ellis.

If we don’t get him then I think we should absolutely go the grad transfer or transfer route with just 2 years or less of eligibility left,

I don’t want To handicap Wes miller’s recruiting with not many scholarships to work with.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:31 AM   #183
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Yea none of our guys were home sick.

Most liked UC just not the coach.

That said, I want Tari back. But I do think he is still 2 years away from being a star player as his feel for the game is still growing and his handles maybe worse than octavious Ellis.

If we don’t get him then I think we should absolutely go the grad transfer or transfer route with just 2 years or less of eligibility left,

I don’t want To handicap Wes miller’s recruiting with not many scholarships to work with.

Do we know of anybody outside the program we are targeting besides Dalen Ridgnal and Meikkel Murray?
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:35 AM   #184
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Getting Tari back would be huge, but not getting him back wouldn't be the end of the world. It depends on who else Wes is able to land, I expect if Tari doesn't come back Angelo Allegri from UNCG becomes a target. Getting a couple big men transfers will be important.

Without Tari back we'd obviously need to add a lot of bigs very quickly, even with him back we need a lot. I believe JD is going to be playing the 3, which gives us 4 guys (assuming DDJ comes back) who can play PG or SG (DDJ, Saunders, MAW and Mason), two guys who can play SF (JD/Mason) and basically nothing at the 4/5 (JD could backup the 4 and who knows anything about Lakhin).
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:38 AM   #185
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Do we know of anybody outside the program we are targeting besides Dalen Ridgnal and Meikkel Murray?
Don't think we will know much until Wes gets a staff set (or at least officially adds someone). Kenny Pohto is a name I've seen, but it's because Mike Roberts started following him on twitter i think. We don't even know for sure Mike Roberts is coming here.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:44 AM   #186
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure Allegri should be a target no matter what happens. Doesn't really fit any of the boxes we need for players.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:51 AM   #187
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm not sure Allegri should be a target no matter what happens. Doesn't really fit any of the boxes we need for players.
I'd rather take Abdulsalam if he decides to transfer. Good rebounder and slightly above average interior scorer. Probably not starter caliber but would provide good depth.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:56 AM   #188
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Those guys are the alpha scorer wings everyone here wants. If we can land one of them, we'll be ok next year even if all we can get is defense only bigs.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:03 AM   #189
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Im betting the scope of our recruiting widens as the staff is filled out.

Wes is probably running on fumes. He absolutely needs some one to help him out.

Chad's recent podcast with him is really good. He's basically been on the go since they hired him
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:13 AM   #190
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
I don’t know how anyone else feels but I would love to have Mike Robert’s
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote