Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-20-2021, 01:59 PM   #241
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I mean you get caught paying players, nothing happens, why on earth would you ever stop.
When you make the "non profit" NCAA as much money as LSU does, then you look past certain things
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 02:01 PM   #242
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

We can finally put the Brannen players behind us, we got 2 out of 3.... Now time to move forward, we have 7 scholys to fill, Wes has reached out to Vince Cole from St. Johns, that would be a nice start.
Old 04-20-2021, 02:04 PM   #243
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Go all out on Tre Mitchell and Emanuel Miller. They can both play 40 mpg here. I hope Abdulsalam is at least thinking about following Wes.
Tre Mitchell would be a huge get. He could challenge for POY in the conference. IF not, maybe look at some guys who haven't played a lot but have upside, like Tyreek Smith out of Texas Tech?
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 02:14 PM   #244
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Snapper View Post
Tre Mitchell would be a huge get. He could challenge for POY in the conference. IF not, maybe look at some guys who haven't played a lot but have upside, like Tyreek Smith out of Texas Tech?
Yeah, I'd take Tyreek Smith for sure.

Langston Wilson just tweeted "Soon". Our playing time situation has to look really appealing to him.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 02:38 PM   #245
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
The good news is, it won’t take much to improve our front court over the last couple years. I like Vogt, but aside from the first half of last year, he’s been awful. Dou barely played. Tari has a ton of upside but was a freshmen, if we can get 2 guys in here that are decent we will be in better shape than we have been.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 06:01 PM   #246
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
The good news is, it won’t take much to improve our front court over the last couple years. I like Vogt, but aside from the first half of last year, he’s been awful. Dou barely played. Tari has a ton of upside but was a freshmen, if we can get 2 guys in here that are decent we will be in better shape than we have been.
I think the playing of Vogt was the inexplicable playing time that got players aroused. He was terrible through and through.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 06:06 PM   #247
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
He was homesick...... joking aside, wish him the best... Lets move on
Could not overstate how bad it is loose Eason. Imagine if Hicks, Maxiel or Clark had never played for UC. That is the scale of what we lost. Note I did not say Martin of course. Some period of mourning is in order. We do not have to just move on now.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 06:58 PM   #248
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
Could not overstate how bad it is loose Eason. Imagine if Hicks, Maxiel or Clark had never played for UC. That is the scale of what we lost. Note I did not say Martin of course. Some period of mourning is in order. We do not have to just move on now.
Hey, at least we got the little brother madsen back. Only cost uc 5 mil.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:36 PM   #249
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
You’re right let’s mourn over a guy who was going to most likely leave Cincinnati after one season anyway regardless of who the coach was... shoot Wes an email to hold off on replacing him for a few days so we can reflect on his one season here
Old 04-20-2021, 07:37 PM   #250
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

I can almost guarantee this isn’t the last time you will see Tari Eason in the transfer portal