Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-27-2021, 05:12 AM   #11
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Development. Kennard went and work in nba environment during college. Jarron came here with no other nba players in sight besides Evans. If Cumberland went to duke I believe he would’ve went nba early
Love this logic, if your good in high school, that means you will be good at every level you ever play. And if you aren’t, it’s because of “development”.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:39 AM   #12
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Development. Kennard went and work in nba environment during college. Jarron came here with no other nba players in sight besides Evans. If Cumberland went to duke I believe he would’ve went nba early
Jarron's vertical was always going to make him a 4 year player and I absolutely love JC. But we have to be real here, the NBA passes on legit 3 level scorers all the times and instead takes 8ppg athletes who can jump 40".

Look at Sean Kilpatrick. 2nd best scorer in UC history and went undrafted
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:05 AM   #13
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Jarron's vertical was always going to make him a 4 year player and I absolutely love JC. But we have to be real here, the NBA passes on legit 3 level scorers all the times and instead takes 8ppg athletes who can jump 40".

It’s a different game. Completely different level. Happens in every sport. Some guys aren’t made for the highest level. Jarron couldn’t beat anyone off the dribble in the nba. He also can’t play defense or isn’t a good enough shooter. Similar to SK, even though SK was a little better at both.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:38 AM   #14
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

absolutely agree. The comparison here is kennard though. I’ll say they bout the same or slight edge for JC
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:42 AM   #15
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Now you see and understand JC wasn’t developed here like he would’ve at Duke. Mick always called JC out for his work ethic. If JC develop like Troy or SK then he would’ve been lottery pick. Shamefully we didn’t send out two local stars to NBA. That’s a big miss
Old 04-27-2021, 05:09 PM   #16
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
absolutely agree. The comparison here is kennard though. I’ll say they bout the same or slight edge for JC
Based on what? Kennard has a vertical of 38.5 and Jarron has one of 30.5

Kennard shot almost 44% from 3 his sophomore year. Jarron topped at almost 39% but is more like a 35% shooter.

Jarron had no shot of ever being a lottery NBA pick, good God man.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:06 PM   #17
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Yupp, I Like Wes Miller but I would hardly call this recruiting, its more along the lines of hey do you guys want to come play for me at a better school? We have signed soon to be 4 guys and all of them are from UNCG, yes I know Newman was at Clemson, but he was signed to UNCG... I was excited for Newman because he's long and athletic and has great potential and only comes with 2 years, so if he doesn't work he can transfer next year for his grad year. I was okay with Korval because he is basically a one year rental and can hit the 3 and protect the rim, I was even okay with Jarrett Hensely because he was a 4 star top 150 guy and if we signed him a year ago out of high school this whole fan base would have been ecstatic to get him..... But this one, No.. Unless DDJ is transferring then this one is not exciting. That leaves us with 2 scholarships and we desperately need a big. Korval is not a 30+ minute a game guy and will get bullied in the american, Who knows about Lakhin. I know its a long shot to get CJ. This leaves us with MAW, DDJ, Saunders, Mason, Newman and then add in AJ McGinnis.. Theres just not enough minutes to go around and then in the off chance we get CJ?
Bro he’s been here a little over a week chill out lmao
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:12 PM   #18
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Now you see and understand JC wasn’t developed here like he would’ve at Duke. Mick always called JC out for his work ethic. If JC develop like Troy or SK then he would’ve been lottery pick. Shamefully we didn’t send out two local stars to NBA. That’s a big miss
You just keep digging this hole, over n over showing how little you know about basketball
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:26 PM   #19
TheRealMick
Elite Member

What are you guys argument honestly? Guys flame out for obvious reasons and others continue on their paths developing. It’s known FACTS Jarron didn’t put in necessary work he needed. Small things like eating Twinkies 3AM can screw you up
Old 04-27-2021, 10:10 PM   #20
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
It’s a different game. Completely different level. Happens in every sport. Some guys aren’t made for the highest level. Jarron couldn’t beat anyone off the dribble in the nba. He also can’t play defense or isn’t a good enough shooter. Similar to SK, even though SK was a little better at both.
You also have to consider a player's age when they are coming out of school. It is not uncommon for players to make huge strides in their early-mid 20s - a 4-year guy has already made a lot of those strides, and the remaining upside is much more limited. SK redshirted, then played 4 years, and was an old freshman to begin. He was the same age as a rookie that Zach LaVine (who debuted in the NBA in the same year) is now. LaVine is a 7 year vet who has improved tremendously over those 7 years. SK had gone through that entire phase of his physical development before he ever left UC. Of course, SK was a much better college player than LaVine, because he was an entire damn generation older.

Similarly, Kennard was dominating the ACC at 20. Cumberland was a mediocre AAC player at the same age. They were in different universes physically and in skillset at the same age.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote