Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-27-2021, 03:14 PM   #401
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
Just in case anyone else is reading this and is wondering about the comment about the strength coach, he's refererring to a rumor that Mike Redhfelt may be returning.
If we can land Dollar, DerMarr, and Mike R...that would be a stellar close to a coaching search. If we can expect something similar in final recruiting I will be a happy camper.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 03:32 PM   #402
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
If we can land Dollar, DerMarr, and Mike R...that would be a stellar close to a coaching search. If we can expect something similar in final recruiting I will be a happy camper.
DerMarr Dollar and and a pair of Mike R's.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 03:49 PM   #403
waterhead
Senior Moderator

I was hoping we would save one scholly but not sure I see that happening now unless DD, VL, and RB are not on scholly.

It looks as though we are filling 13 unless Wes knows what's about to transpire.

We need 1 or 2 bigs and I still would like to see another SF to play with Newman and keep Davenport at the 4 with Hensley. We have some small guards and I think we need to keep some length on the perimeter. Not sure I want to move Madsen or McGinnis up to the 3 for small ball when Davenport is the 4.
Old 04-27-2021, 03:52 PM   #404
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
I mean seriously how was banks giving scholarship
The spring semester ends today. I don't know how this stuff works, but I wonder if they can choose to not renew his scholarship starting with the summer semester (May 10) or the fall semester (Aug 23). That would give us three more spots to fill for the upcoming season if needed. I'm sure they would drop him next year if they need his spot for an incoming freshman.

Last edited by sedziobs; 04-27-2021 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:34 PM   #405
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

I just realized McGinnis and Hensley played together at Link Year Prep. That probably played into his decision to come here. Abdulsalam and Allegri played there too.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:53 PM   #406
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Per Chad on his podcast, Mike Roberts moved here over of the weekend and is working in the building.

Per Chad and this article. https://247sports.com/college/georgi...ati-164736933/ Chad Dollar is confirmed as well.

DerMarr I'm not of sure of the status on. But honestly even without him Wes has blown Brannen out of the water in terms of assistant coaches. Roberts has two years at IU, Dollar has about 10 years coaching in the SEC (LSU, Georgia Tech, Auburn and Georgia) plus quite a bit of other experience.

There is also a rumor going around that Mike Rehfeldt may be returning with the monster factory as strength coach.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 11:41 AM   #407
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
4 star 6'4" wing Shane Dezonie decommitted from Arizona. We had offered him and are in contact again.
I am hoping Dollar and Roberts were brought in because of their experience but also hoping they have some inside tracks in recruiting a big (or two) and an impact perimeter guy.

Hopefully Dollar has built up some nice relationships over the years and can influence at least one of our remaining targets. Hoping Wes or Dollar can influence the 2nd target. And then we have to wait and see if we have additional spots opening up. If I were CWM I would probably go ahead and grab 3 more players and if we retain DD and VL then we put Banks back as walk on.
Old 04-28-2021, 11:50 AM   #408
Loser Mentality

Loser Mentality is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
"Theres just not enough minutes to go around"

This is a great statement for the upcoming season. Everything is shaping up as it has to be earned by former and new players.

Hopefully these additions gets the wheels turning, and a different mindset from our returning players, that competition has arrived. If they want to start and contribute, they better be working and continue working their tales off.

Also, with the "Portal" I think Wes did a great job of bringing in guys that WANT to play for him, which may create player retention for years to come, vs the unknown's in the portal going to new teams for basically a 1 year tryout if so pleases.
Loser Mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:42 PM   #409
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
I just realized McGinnis and Hensley played together at Link Year Prep. That probably played into his decision to come here. Abdulsalam and Allegri played there too.
I believe all 3 did or they had another guy on UNCG roster that went with them.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 06:49 PM   #410
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I am hoping Dollar and Roberts were brought in because of their experience but also hoping they have some inside tracks in recruiting a big (or two) and an impact perimeter guy.

Hopefully Dollar has built up some nice relationships over the years and can influence at least one of our remaining targets. Hoping Wes or Dollar can influence the 2nd target. And then we have to wait and see if we have additional spots opening up. If I were CWM I would probably go ahead and grab 3 more players and if we retain DD and VL then we put Banks back as walk on.
agreed, I'm less concerned about coaching experience and more concerned about recruiting. hopefully Dollar is a good recruiter, from what i've read he looks to be, and hopefully he has a pipeline of relationships for the next couple years. Roberts not sure.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote