Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2021, 11:15 AM   #831
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario View Post
If they need a spot banks already knows the deal. He came to UC with the entire purpose of being a walkon. Him being on scholarship now doesnt mean anything other than he doesnt have to pay to go to school for spring semester or summer classes. Very very slight chance he stays on scholarship, and if they need the spot there is a 0% chance he stays on scholarship
Miller has said multiple times that he is honoring the scholarship to Banks (Brannen gave it to him). Chad and Justin have both said they don't expect Miller to take Banks scholarship back.

Chances are much closer to 100% that Banks stays on scholarship than they are to 0%. He might even get some playing time.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:06 AM   #832
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
from the people who have watched every Ody college game....https://accsports.com/acc-analytics/...rests-offense/
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:56 AM   #833
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
In terms of our bigs. With Lakhin likely headed back I have re-watched some video. He is quite a bit more mobile than Koval and a lot more skilled than Oguama. At 6'10 or 6'11 I am not sure what is going to be better in the portal. As long as Vik has recovered from his surgery and gets in the Factory...we should be just fine. He and Koval can shoot so we can play with either of them with Ody on the floor when we need to go big. It also gives us 15 fouls to give at the 5 if we need it.

I am back to being good with our big situation. Let's get that alpha scorer on the perimeter and call it a day!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:33 AM   #834
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
In terms of our bigs. With Lakhin likely headed back I have re-watched some video. He is quite a bit more mobile than Koval and a lot more skilled than Oguama. At 6'10 or 6'11 I am not sure what is going to be better in the portal. As long as Vik has recovered from his surgery and gets in the Factory...we should be just fine. He and Koval can shoot so we can play with either of them with Ody on the floor when we need to go big. It also gives us 15 fouls to give at the 5 if we need it.

I am back to being good with our big situation. Let's get that alpha scorer on the perimeter and call it a day!
I'm still not convinced on Lakhin's mobility, he looks pretty slow to me. It's not a sure thing he's coming back, I believe he's going to be making that decision ones he gets back to the states. There aren't going to be many minutes for him next year, so he may leave on that alone. There's also the question of if Miller wants him, Wes seems to want defense first - especially from bigs - and Lakhin may not fit that mold. Plus questions around the injury and recovery. He's a giant question mark even if he does come back.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:49 AM   #835
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
My thoughts right now on potential playing time. My effort to get everyone 10 minutes except Banks. I know it won't work out this way. And if we add a tallish stud wing it's going to throw this rotation out the window.

5. Koval 15/ Ody 15/ Lakhin 10
4. Davenport 20/ Ody 10/ Hensley 10
3. Newman 25/ Davenport 10/McGinnis 5
2. MAW 20/ Madsen 15/ McGinnis 5
1. Dejulius 25/ Saunders 15

Davenport 30
Newman 25
Ody 25
Dejulius 25
MAW 20
Madsen 15
Saunders 15
Koval 15
McGinnis 10
Lakhin 10
Hensley 10

Banks 0
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:41 AM   #836
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
My thoughts right now on potential playing time. My effort to get everyone 10 minutes except Banks. I know it won't work out this way. And if we add a tallish stud wing it's going to throw this rotation out the window.

Davenport 30
Newman 25
Ody 25
Dejulius 25
MAW 20
Madsen 15
Saunders 15
Koval 15
McGinnis 10
Lakhin 10
Hensley 10

Banks 0
I see more of a 17-25 minutes split between core players. Miller damn near go play entire roster. Davenport not playing 30min
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:46 AM   #837
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Davenport 30
Newman 25
Ody 25
Dejulius 25
MAW 20
Madsen 15
Saunders 15
Koval 15
McGinnis 10
Lakhin 10
Hensley 10

Banks 0
Hard to argue with most of that.

I'm most interested to see how the minutes get distributed at the guard spots.

Saunders, Madsen, McGinnis and MAW will all be able to make a case for why they should be playing 20+/game.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:52 PM   #838
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
I'm most interested to see how the minutes get distributed at the guard spots.

Saunders, Madsen, McGinnis and MAW will all be able to make a case for why they should be playing 20+/game.
With the current roster construction I see Madsen backing up Newman at the 3. He seems a little longer than McGinnis and not as quick. It's not his natural position, but I think I'd rather have him than Davenport there. Ideally we bring in a natural 3 (someone like Meikkel Murray).
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:55 PM   #839
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
With the current roster construction I see Madsen backing up Newman at the 3. He seems a little longer than McGinnis and not as quick. It's not his natural position, but I think I'd rather have him than Davenport there. Ideally we bring in a natural 3 (someone like Meikkel Murray).
I’ll take Davenport at 3 all day. Maybe even at the 2 over 4. He gets destroyed in paint and horrible rebounder
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:12 PM   #840
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
I’ll take Davenport at 3 all day. Maybe even at the 2 over 4. He gets destroyed in paint and horrible rebounder
Maybe if we were a slow paced passive defense team. I can't imagine trying to play pressure defense with Davenport and two players slower than him on the court.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote