Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #411
CPAW29

CPAW29 is on a distinguished road
Most of jermaine's youtube highlights are adidas competitions
CPAW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #412
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
My odds for landing him-
St. John's 60%
UC 30%
UNLV 10%
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #413
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
UC ALUM-This was a tweet from Lawrence yesterday. Nothing of note but he is big adidas guy. Link is to pic of adidas shoes.

Jermaine Lawrence‏@mainestory

ADIDAS: ZX TR Mid @adidasoriginals #TeamThreeStripes http://tmblr.co/ZicFOtcdBPmX

The other thing that stood out to me last week was that in an interview where he answered he would want to have lunch with Lebron, Magic and Oscar. He could have one of them courtside at all (or most) home games his entire career.
He gets mass respect for showing love to the big o. The man is a legend. It would be cool to see Oscar a little more involved with our basketball program but I'll still take him having court side seats. Lawrence could ball it up right infront of him, doesn't get much better!
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #414
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Yeah how cool would it be to meet one of your heroes at a college visit?
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #415
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Many times on here we discuss Oscar and say that none of the kids we are recruiting know who he was or what he did here. What % of recruits would have Oscar as 1 of the 3 idols they would have lunch with. If genuine sounds like JL is mature and respects UCBB at the very least.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:30 AM   #416
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Yeah, those quotes kind of get a UC fans hopes up.

Makes me feel we got a chance.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:38 AM   #417
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
If he does make the decision at the start of Feb you have to believe that UC not only has a chance, but could potentially be the favorite. Lets all just hope this thing doesn't drag on and it really is nearing the end.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #418
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
If he does make the decision at the start of Feb you have to believe that UC not only has a chance, but could potentially be the favorite. Lets all just hope this thing doesn't drag on and it really is nearing the end.
I agree! I think to with all the NY talent we have on our team now, plus Lance and Bishop a few years ago Lawrence can easily feel at "home" here. I looked at his twitter and he mentioned "Can never get comfortable on these trains smfh." I kinda laughed at this comment because he will never have to worry about getting on the trains here in Cincy! Maybe he is ready for a change in scenery
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #419
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcats5 View Post
Joel Francisco and John Stovall predicted UC in an ESPN Insider article. Five others predicted St. John's in the same article. None thought UNLV.
thanks.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #420
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Someone else on BCN noted that newly UC offeree and JL teammate Diagne and his coach Hasson are at the St.J game but Jermaine is not. Could it be a good sign that he had a scheduled visit this weekend, cancelled and his teammate and coach show up and he doesn't.

Adam Zagoria‏@AdamZagoria

Pope John coach Jason Hasson and 2015 PF Moustapha Diagne and 2016 PG Bryce Aiken are at today's #stjbb game at MSG. No @mainestory though

This is a tweet from someone on Bearcats Nation
Chris Bains‏@Bearcats_Nation

Someone just Facebook messaged me that Jermaine Lawrence to Cincinnati next week. Hope it's true. #Bearcats