Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-15-2015, 06:54 PM   #1
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
The Gardens?

The enquier is reporting that mike bohn and his staff toured the gardens as a temporary replacement for 5/3. Thoughts?
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:19 PM   #2
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
LMAO! If serious, our athletic department is more clueless than I thought...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #3
Doodie

Doodie is on a distinguished road
Looks like they are planning on renovating 53rd next year. That would be great
Doodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:45 PM   #4
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
LMAO! If serious, our athletic department is more clueless than I thought...
You gotta better plan oh wise one?
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:55 PM   #5
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I think we play our games at Wilmington college. This way it will help our recruiting with Cumberland.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:56 PM   #6
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Just joking.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:20 PM   #7
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
I think we play our games at Wilmington college. This way it will help our recruiting with Cumberland.
Lol.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:12 PM   #8
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Absolutely. I'd like UC to play in any arena that doesn't smell like urine!

Option 1: US Bank Arena
-Market the HELL out of playing a season downtown, run events to lure people to come to the games. If Cincinnati is as good of a basketball town as people claim, the attendance SHOULD be respectable especially during conference season

Option 2: Cintas Center
-Best arena available in Cincinnati but scheduling trouble with Xavier games taking the precedence, particularly in the conference season.

Option 3: Cintas Center/ US Bank Arena
-Play non-conference home games at Cintas center and move to US Bank Arena during the conference season.

Option 4: Bank of Kentucky Center
-Nice arena, not too far for the southern fans...does make it more difficult for the Warren and Butler county UC fans

Now bow before your powerful, yet gracious leader peasant!!
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:35 PM   #9
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

-Market the HELL out of playing a season downtown, run events to lure people to come to the games. If Cincinnati is as good of a basketball town as people claim, the attendance SHOULD be respectable especially during conference season

-Best arena available in Cincinnati but scheduling trouble with Xavier games taking the precedence, particularly in the conference season.

-Play non-conference home games at Cintas center and move to US Bank Arena during the conference season.

-Nice arena, not too far for the southern fans...does make it more difficult for the Warren and Butler county UC fans

You have to remember that in a negotiation you need more than one option (US Bank and Cincy Gardens) AND you need to have a deal that works with both parties. A one sided deal is a bad deal either way. I think UC touring the Gardens is a GREAT idea. If nothing else, it will force US Bank to seriously consider a fair offer to UC.

Cintas is a no go. Would Duke play at UNC just because it is convenient and the best arena option around? No. And UC would not be at home there and would not be able to have any say in concessions, etc. Cintas is not an option. Neither is Northern Kentucky. Too far away for students and most of the fan base.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:45 PM   #10
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I have no problem with them looking at the gardens as an option, but IMO we will play at US bank

-But marketing the hell out of downtown is easier said than done. We thought for football it could work (and when it was warm and we were winning it did work, we got over 40k for the Miami game) but after a few loses and when it got cold the downtown lost its appeal. Now I get running events but that also itsnt that appealing on a wednsday night in January

--Cintas center- no chance mick will ever share a stadium with those people nor should we. We will never call Cintas our home not even for a year. I think mick would rather call cinci states gym(if they even have one) home before Cintas

---And NKU....come on we all know the best home court advantage comes from the student sections... The players really feed off the students energy. and from Clifton to NKU is 15-20 minutes WITHOUT traffic (according to mapquest) and no way a couple thousand students travel 20 minutes there 20 back on school nights.

----Also we don't want to share with other programs we are Cincinnati and I want just Cincinnati as the home team

---itll be the gardens or the us bank (and im pretty confident they will take us bank) and look the fan base is on the rise...and we got a great team with a chance to make a great run im expecting around a 11k average (maybe even more if this team lives up to its potential) for home games this year. Then add the excitement of a deep tournament run and a brand new stadium for the following year and I think there will be enough interest to make US bank a solid one year home as I think Mick will have the fan base back in full force

Last edited by Bearcat Rob; 06-16-2015 at 05:28 PM.
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote