Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-02-2021, 07:19 PM   #1031
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
This is embarrassing. Even if it all somehow makes sense in the end, the optics are absolutely horrible right now.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:01 PM   #1032
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
This is official. X just offered top 5 freshman in country darryn Petersen. Will be one and done kid. UC was supposed be 1st offer. Would probably be Ohio highest rated recruit since lebron
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:00 PM   #1033
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Cunningham needs to be fired. Immediately. End the witch hunt.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:32 AM   #1034
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Uc had kept this so close to the vest that I’m certain there is good reason.

IMO Cunningham has the support of the BOT and whatever he is doing is bigger than just a single basketball season and it’s about protecting UC.

Next year was a waste any way.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:48 AM   #1035
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Uc had kept this so close to the vest that I’m certain there is good reason.

IMO Cunningham has the support of the BOT and whatever he is doing is bigger than just a single basketball season and it’s about protecting UC.

Next year was a waste any way.
What is this based on? Do you have any thing to back this up?

Last edited by cincyguy13; 04-03-2021 at 05:50 AM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:08 AM   #1036
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
You guys are convinced Brannen is innocent and grasping for straws.

Chad reported that Cunningham and Pinto seem to be in lockstep on this issue not that long ago. Corryville Carl reported and Chad has indicated that the BoT is almost certainly also in agreement. They don't start an outside investigation if there is nothing to find.

Chad reported on Wednesday that UC intended to put Brannen on administrative leave, but something in his contract prevented it. Several other sources made the same/similar reports (that they intended to put Brannen on administrative leave). This does not happen if there is nothing.

Now one source, probably in Brannen's camp is reporting no NCAA violations. There are several possibilities.

1) The source is just wrong, this is PR by Brannen to make him look better when a settlement is reached or he is fired with cause.

2) The source is correct, but the violations in another area (such as University policy). NCAA violations are not the only reason a coach can be fired with cause.

3) The source is correct, there is nothing and Cunningham, the BoT and Pinto all screwed up. This is the worst case scenario that you all are hoping for. We end up retaining a horrible coach in Brannen who no sane recruit is going to want to play for and the entire administration screwed up big time.

If the third is what actually happened, then I'll be on board with firing Cunningham, Brannen and others. But until then, I'm waiting to see what happens. I'd be willing to bet that Brannen is going to be fire with cause (or a settlement is reached). It's a slow/silent process because the university needs to be prepared for a legal battle afterwards and can't afford a mistake.

Brannen already screwed us for next year anyway. I'll gladly take a down year in order to get a coach who is right for the job.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:45 AM   #1037
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
You guys are convinced Brannen is innocent and grasping for straws.

Chad reported that Cunningham and Pinto seem to be in lockstep on this issue not that long ago. Corryville Carl reported and Chad has indicated that the BoT is almost certainly also in agreement. They don't start an outside investigation if there is nothing to find.

Chad reported on Wednesday that UC intended to put Brannen on administrative leave, but something in his contract prevented it. Several other sources made the same/similar reports (that they intended to put Brannen on administrative leave). This does not happen if there is nothing.

Now one source, probably in Brannen's camp is reporting no NCAA violations. There are several possibilities.

1) The source is just wrong, this is PR by Brannen to make him look better when a settlement is reached or he is fired with cause.

2) The source is correct, but the violations in another area (such as University policy). NCAA violations are not the only reason a coach can be fired with cause.

3) The source is correct, there is nothing and Cunningham, the BoT and Pinto all screwed up. This is the worst case scenario that you all are hoping for. We end up retaining a horrible coach in Brannen who no sane recruit is going to want to play for and the entire administration screwed up big time.

If the third is what actually happened, then I'll be on board with firing Cunningham, Brannen and others. But until then, I'm waiting to see what happens. I'd be willing to bet that Brannen is going to be fire with cause (or a settlement is reached). It's a slow/silent process because the university needs to be prepared for a legal battle afterwards and can't afford a mistake.

Brannen already screwed us for next year anyway. I'll gladly take a down year in order to get a coach who is right for the job.
No one is convinced he’s innocent. We just don’t know anything and it’s been 3 weeks. There’s a difference between saying the guy is innocent and wanting actual evidence. I know that’s a weird concept for some on here. Wanting actual evidence
Old 04-03-2021, 09:11 AM   #1038
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
No one is convinced he’s innocent. We just don’t know anything and it’s been 3 weeks. There’s a difference between saying the guy is innocent and wanting actual evidence. I know that’s a weird concept for some on here. Wanting actual evidence
I'd prefer the University not be embroiled in a 5 million dollar lawsuit because they leaked something. Leaking anything also makes it harder to reach a settlement,, if there is something (all indications are that there is), Brannen doesn't want it to get out and hurt his future employment chances.

Fans don't get to know all the inner workings. Either Brannen gets fired with cause and we learn everything, or a settlement is reached and we probably hear nothing.

Last edited by skyblade; 04-03-2021 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:16 AM   #1039
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I'd prefer the University not be embroiled in a 5 million dollar lawsuit because they leaked something. Leaking anything also makes it harder to reach a settlement,, if there is something (all indications are that there is), Brannen doesn't want it to get out and hurt his future employment chances.

Fans don't get to know all the inner workings. Either Brannen gets fired with cause and we learn everything, or a settlement is reached and we probably hear nothing.
Yes, everyone is well aware how it works. Thanks though. The reality is if something happened, we will or would know by some point. Everything gets out in today’s world. Or at least something. You know that. Don’t play dumb because it fits your narrative
Old 04-03-2021, 11:11 AM   #1040
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Yes, everyone is well aware how it works. Thanks though. The reality is if something happened, we will or would know by some point. Everything gets out in today’s world. Or at least something. You know that. Don’t play dumb because it fits your narrative
If you understand it, then why do you keep commenting the same complaints about lack of information?