Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2021, 04:30 PM   #1051
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Apparently Brannen has now officially lawyered up. There is a reason that UC admin has been locked down tight.

Also Jaume Sorolla tweeted "Karma". Add him to the growing list of players who have shown they do not like Brannen (for those keeping count, it's virtually every player who has transferred out since the start of the 2019-2020 season).
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:43 PM   #1052
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Like these dumbasses will make a good hire. Also, by the way you talk it’s easy to see you have no idea how a legal process or lawsuit from a player would work .
Can’t get worse then the current dumbass who is our coach.

The bar is loooooooooow
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:45 PM   #1053
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Pinto and Cunningham are morons. I don’t care what happens to Brannen but if they want him gone just pay the contract out instead of dragging it out. It’s ridiculous that these are the people leading uc. Players and Coaches come and go but keep alienating the fanbase and see how that works out.
I don’t care about brannen either. It’s been obviously he’s gone the moment everyone left. Get rid of the guy if you’re going to do it. I don’t want to hear, “we have to find cause”. They said they’ve been doing interviews since before the conference tournament. Figure it out. That’s their job. Waiting and suspending the guy, isn’t helping anything. Especially when they still don’t have anything. If you’re going to start this mess, you better make sure you have something. If they did, this still wouldn’t be going on
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:50 PM   #1054
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Pat forde, just tweeted that there is no cause for termination. Gets better and better
Old 04-03-2021, 04:53 PM   #1055
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Pat forde, just tweeted that there is no cause for termination. Gets better and better
He tweeted that as part of a quote from Brannen's lawyer (Tom Mars). Did you expect Brannen's lawyer to say there is cause?
Old 04-03-2021, 04:54 PM   #1056
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Can’t get worse then the current dumbass who is our coach.

The bar is loooooooooow
It could, they could hire you. Talk about the biggest dumbass.

Last edited by Bcatfollower; 04-03-2021 at 04:58 PM.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:57 PM   #1057
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don’t care about brannen either. It’s been obviously he’s gone the moment everyone left. Get rid of the guy if you’re going to do it. I don’t want to hear, “we have to find cause”. They said they’ve been doing interviews since before the conference tournament. Figure it out. That’s their job. Waiting and suspending the guy, isn’t helping anything. Especially when they still don’t have anything. If you’re going to start this mess, you better make sure you have something. If they did, this still wouldn’t be going on

Agreed. But the fans are going crazy. Unless they bring in a name the program is pretty much dead.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:05 PM   #1058
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
He tweeted that as part of a quote from Brannen's lawyer (Tom Mars). Did you expect Brannen's lawyer to say there is cause?
If there was something obvious, you’d think he wouldn’t be putting his balls on the table. Unless he’s bluffing. Maybe brannens side is bluffing
Old 04-03-2021, 05:20 PM   #1059
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
If there was something obvious, you’d think he wouldn’t be putting his balls on the table. Unless he’s bluffing. Maybe brannens side is bluffing
I doubt he has all the information. The investigation isn't completed yet and until it is, I doubt they are providing Brannen with a detailed report.

So yes he's bluffing. He also seems to be indicating that he's going to play hard ball. Not going to settle. Which means we are likely in for an extended legal battle when (or if) Brannen is fired with cause.

It also means Brannen's HC career is essentially over. He could try to salvage it with a settlement, but if he goes down swinging and takes it to a lengthy legal battle he will be untouchable as a HC.
Old 04-03-2021, 05:35 PM   #1060
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I doubt he has all the information. The investigation isn't completed yet and until it is, I doubt they are providing Brannen with a detailed report.

So yes he's bluffing. He also seems to be indicating that he's going to play hard ball. Not going to settle. Which means we are likely in for an extended legal battle when (or if) Brannen is fired with cause.

It also means Brannen's HC career is essentially over. He could try to salvage it with a settlement, but if he goes down swinging and takes it to a lengthy legal battle he will be untouchable as a HC.
Man, you know a lot about this situation.