Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2021, 08:34 PM   #531
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
No. He left.
Then you clearly don’t know the story right.

But whatever makes you feel better.

I mean mick had Decoursey put out a piece basically telling UC to do the right thing and extend mick’s contract. Bohn refused and mick left.

Mick had to threaten to leave to unlv just to get Bohn to follow through on the Arena.

But whatever.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:40 PM   #532
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I’ll take mick over JP all day.

Jp would fold like the 4 Xavier dudes did last year when I was at the game at Cintas center and I had enough of their shit. Never seen 4 grown men shrink up so fast. The Xavier way is to talk shit troll and then be surprised when they get Kenny freezed in the eye
No, def not a jp fan but the guy was a great competitor. I would take a college athelete over mick and you and prob 90% of anyone. Funny story though
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:41 PM   #533
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I mean mick had Decoursey put out a piece basically telling UC to do the right thing and extend mick’s contract. Bohn refused and mick left.

Mick had to threaten to leave to unlv just to get Bohn to follow through on the Arena.

But whatever.
Decoursey also was micks guy. You know that too but decided to leave that part out. I don’t care that he left. He went to UCLA and got a raise. I don’t blame him. That’s a great gig. He can get whatever player he wants. It was also time for both parties. Let’s be honest, he could have stayed if he wanted. He knew bohn wouldn’t be here long.

He also could have won more. Make them have to pay you. Get the fans on your side. The truth is, half the fan base didn’t care if he left after year 12

Last edited by cincyguy13; 03-14-2021 at 08:45 PM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:42 PM   #534
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:

But whatever.
All I can say is that if UCLA wasn’t happy with final fours and sweet sixteens they probably won’t be happy with just making the tourney year after year with little mick.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:12 PM   #535
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
All I can say is that if UCLA wasn’t happy with final fours and sweet sixteens they probably won’t be happy with just making the tourney year after year with little mick.

Mick has a 5 star and a top 50 player coming in next year. On top of not really losing anyone

I’m confident if you give mick elite talent, he will advance. Talent wins in the tourney and mick’s teams are playing well on offense and will ultimately play defense.

And he’s a UC grad, I want him to be successful.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:18 PM   #536
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Mick has a 5 star and a top 50 player coming in next year. On top of not really losing anyone

I’m confident if you give mick elite talent, he will advance. Talent wins in the tourney and mick’s teams are playing well on offense and will ultimately play defense.

And he’s a UC grad, I want him to be successful.
I don’t care if he is successful or not. He’s had two years of elite talent already.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:24 PM   #537
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Decoursey also was micks guy. You know that too but decided to leave that part out. I don’t care that he left. He went to UCLA and got a raise. I don’t blame him. That’s a great gig. He can get whatever player he wants. It was also time for both parties. Let’s be honest, he could have stayed if he wanted. He knew bohn wouldn’t be here long.

He also could have won more. Make them have to pay you. Get the fans on your side. The truth is, half the fan base didn’t care if he left after year 12
I didn’t leave that part out... I literally said mick had Mike write an article for him saying he’s going to leave with out an extension. Bohn called his bluff. And we just missed the tourney as a result.

And we likely miss it again next season with how long it will take to get the faces to gel.

Mick made his point. Winning is hard and under appreciated.

The tourney streak is no longer UC’s, it’s mick Cronin’s tourney streak. He’s kept it going. Chances are he will make the tourney until he retires from here on out.

I hope brannen is as successful as Mick was at very very minimum. But I want the whole package. Regular season, conf tourney and ncaa tourney results. I won’t be impressed by Cinderella conference tourney runs bc we aren’t in a 1 bid league.

My full evaluation with John starts next season. It’s year 3. You gutted the program, players and culture. And installed your own. It’s put up or shut up in year 3. I expect winning record in the non conference and Xavier win (0-3 vs X in their down years sounds gross), votes in the top
25 poll at some point in the season, a top 3 finish in the conference standings and an 8 seed or better in the tourney.

I don’t think those are unrealistic.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:29 PM   #538
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
I don’t care if he is successful or not. He’s had two years of elite talent already.
Umm no.

Not a 5 star on that roster dude.

Last year & this year, we’re the first times in UCLA history that they didn’t have a mcDonalds all American on the roster. So by that measure, the talent level is historically low at UCLA right now. Their 5 star 2020 recruit went pro instead. But next year, Is put up or shut up for Mick to start really winning big. Luckily he will have the roster and young talent to get it done.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:46 PM   #539
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Umm no.

Not a 5 star on that roster dude.

Last year & this year, we’re the first times in UCLA history that they didn’t have a mcDonalds all American on the roster. So by that measure, the talent level is historically low at UCLA right now. Their 5 star 2020 recruit went pro instead. But next year, Is put up or shut up for Mick to start really winning big. Luckily he will have the roster and young talent to get it done.
But he had elite talent this year. 10 of their 14 players were top 100 ranked players out of hs. A bunch in the top 50. Weak argument
Old 03-15-2021, 10:52 AM   #540
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Archie out at IU...

Kyky out at xavier.

This offseasong going to be wild
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote