Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #11
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I don't care if the team wins by 1 point or 25 points as long as they win. You can win all 40 or so games you play by 1 point and still be crowned champion at the end. Mick is an outstanding coach whom we are lucky to have. The people questioning everything he does make my head hurt.
No doubt. I appreciate the amount of respect Cronin shows each opponent. Its called class and its the reason he is so well respected. Past Cronin teams have shown plenty of swag/attitude. i.e. SK, JJ, Dion Dixion. We might be lacking that right now but that is because we have so many new guys. Once we develop an identify we will play with that high level of confidence.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:44 AM   #12
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I don't care if the team wins by 1 point or 25 points as long as they win. You can win all 40 or so games you play by 1 point and still be crowned champion at the end. Mick is an outstanding coach whom we are lucky to have. The people questioning everything he does make my head hurt.
1st round defeats in the NCAA make my head hurt, especially by teams from crap conferences. Attendance declining by almost a thousand a game make my head hurt, especially in a year when we were in the top 10 and had a first team all-american. Struggling to score 60 points in almost every game makes my head hurt. Watching St. Francis hold us to 52 makes my head hurt. Watching the Power Conferences shun us and have no interest in us makes my head hurt. Having a fanbase suddenly declare happiness with just making the tournament makes my head hurt. I think I'm fairly happy with everything else.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #13
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
No doubt. I appreciate the amount of respect Cronin shows each opponent. Its called class and its the reason he is so well respected. Past Cronin teams have shown plenty of swag/attitude. i.e. SK, JJ, Dion Dixion. We might be lacking that right now but that is because we have so many new guys. Once we develop an identify we will play with that high level of confidence.
Nice post.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #14
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
1st round defeats in the NCAA make my head hurt, especially by teams from crap conferences. Attendance declining by almost a thousand a game make my head hurt, especially in a year when we were in the top 10 and had a first team all-american. Struggling to score 60 points in almost every game makes my head hurt. Watching St. Francis hold us to 52 makes my head hurt. Watching the Power Conferences shun us and have no interest in us makes my head hurt. Having a fanbase suddenly declare happiness with just making the tournament makes my head hurt. I think I'm fairly happy with everything else.
I hate to break the bad news but UC is not an elite program. We had a very good program under Huggs and still do with Cronin. We will never pull the top recruits under the one and done rule because we aren't a traditional power. We will have rebuilding years.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:49 PM   #15
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Take a couple of Midol
Old 11-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #16
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
I hate to break the bad news but UC is not an elite program. We had a very good program under Huggs and still do with Cronin. We will never pull the top recruits under the one and done rule because we aren't a traditional power. We will have rebuilding years.
I hate to break the bad news to you. The University of Cincinnati is in the Top 20 all-time in the history of college basketball in wins. That says we are an elite program. We may not be playing like an elite program at this time, and God knows our fans have certainly deteriorated into a non-elite status, but we are definitely one of the elite programs all-time in college basketball. How in the world did we get Danny Fortson, Kenny Satterfield, Melvin Leavett, Dontonio Wingfield, Dermarr Johnson, Kenyon Martin, Yancy Gates, Lance Stephenson, all the 1st Team Juco All-Americans....lol! I'm forgetting so many other names as well. So, are you saying we were once capable of getting those recruits, but for some reason, we no longer are? Fans who want to believe that our program is somehow achieving all that it is capable of achieving, and that we're doing the best that we can, are a very big part of the problem.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #17
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I hate to break the bad news to you. The University of Cincinnati is in the Top 20 all-time in the history of college basketball in wins. That says we are an elite program. We may not be playing like an elite program at this time, and God knows our fans have certainly deteriorated into a non-elite status, but we are definitely one of the elite programs all-time in college basketball. How in the world did we get Danny Fortson, Kenny Satterfield, Melvin Leavett, Dontonio Wingfield, Dermarr Johnson, Kenyon Martin, Yancy Gates, Lance Stephenson, all the 1st Team Juco All-Americans....lol! I'm forgetting so many other names as well. So, are you saying we were once capable of getting those recruits, but for some reason, we no longer are? Fans who want to believe that our program is somehow achieving all that it is capable of achieving, and that we're doing the best that we can, are a very big part of the problem.
If wins are all that matter then you should be happy. We just won our season opener and have been to 4 straight tournaments.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:13 PM   #18
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
Gotta agree with this ^ all the way. UC was elite....once, back in the late 50's, early 60's. Five final four's in a row, two national championships, lost a third straight in OT> Now that's elite! Under Huggs, a couple of elite teams, but over the long haul, very good. Mick is now entering very good territory. I honestly believe that in 2-3 years, the word elite will seem less unattainable.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:27 PM   #19
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Cincinnati has made 1 Final Four since 1963. That is not elite.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:23 PM   #20
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Cincinnati has made 1 Final Four since 1963. That is not elite.
reality is a tough pill for some to swallow. Nice post!
Closed Thread